23. Kicked out

Previously...

Jinling, "Why look for one when we already have one." Jiang cheng at first couldn't understand but when he did, his ring sparkled. It was like someone was summoning a lightning. But it stopped, "Fine."

Third Person POV

Jinling was flabbergasted, he did not expect his uncle to agree so quickly. "Really?" Jiang cheng stood up and turned around after giving him the talisman. "Go ask him yourself." He spat loudly and walked away. Jinling sighed, what was he expecting. His uncle will never step down, not in this lifetime.

He looked at the talisman which made him feel weird. He wanted to use some of his own energy to unveil its real form. It was like something was pulling him towards it. Urging him to unlock it. He touched the paper, feeling the rough surface. He retracted his hand, but curiosity flashed and he made a small spark of spiritual energy between his thumb and pointer. As he neared the paper which seemed to have brightened up soon went back to normal, "Young master Jin."

Jinling jumped back when he heard someone call his name. He placed the paper inside his sleeves and held his chest where his heart was beating rapidly. "You scared me. Why are you so sneaky." Hui zhong smiled, "My apologies. I'll be louder next time."

Jinling sighed, shaking his head, "Anyways, why are you here?" Hui zhong gently replied, "Sect leader Jiang ordered me to accompany you in your investigation." Jinling puffed his cheeks and started to murmur complains. "Fine." Jinling started walking back inside with hui zhong behind him.

"Why are you following me?" Hui zhong smiled at the young sect leader, "Sect leader Jian-" "I KNOW! why are you following me now, we are not going to Gusu."

Hui zhong, "Actually, sect leader told to get the job done as soon as possible. Supposedly before sunset." Jinling sighed again. It's obvious that his uncle is shooing him away. He nodded, "Fine stay here, I'll be back." The disciple nodded and stood aside. Jinling continued on his way to his room to take a few things. On his way back he went to his uncle's study room. He was about to open the door but knocked remembering what he did.

Jiang cheng, "Who is it?" Jinling cleared his voice making it as sweet as possible. "It's me Jiujiu~" He soon regretted it when breaking noises were heard. He ran away to where the disciple was standing.

Hui zhong, "Young master Jin, that was quite fast." Jinling walked past him with a grumpy look. At times, well most of the time Jinling looks just like his uncle whether it's his behavior or his personality and it always amuses the people around him. Hui zhong smiled and followed behind.

In Gusu, Cloud Recess,

Jingyi, "Shouldn't we tell Hanguang-jun about it... Hey, are you listening?" Jingyi went closer to Sizhui who was sitting on his bed. Jingyi waved his hand in front of his face but got no reaction. So he cleared his voice and went near his ears, "SIZHUI!!!" the said boy fell on the bed startled. He rubbed his ears before sitting up. "Jingyi, shouting is prohibited in Gusu." Jingyi rolled his eyes and sat next to him. "It's your fault for not listening, anyways what were you thinking about?" Sizhui sighed remembering, "It's just...Jinling, he should at least-" "At least what? he went to see his uncle, what's wrong with that?"

Sizhui sighed, "I don't know... I..." after another sigh he stood up and went towards the door, "I need to report to Hanguang-jun." Jingyi rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "That's what I said-" The door opened from the outside, Sizhui took a step back, "How annoying." Jinling walked in with Hui zhong behind him.

Sizhui, "Jinling? What are  yo-" the boy was pushed aside as the two entered the room. Jingyi stood up, "Who is that?" Jinling crossed his arms and sat on the bed, "My uncle's right-hand man." Jingyi stood in front of him as Sizhui closed the door, "And why is he here?"

Jinling, "Cause I was kicked out, happy?" Sizhui sat next to him, "What happened?" Hui zhong coughed, trying to gain their attention. But to his disappointment they did not even bother to even glance at him. He sighed and stood next to the door like a guard.

Sizhui, "A ritual? you should be more careful what if something bad had happened, no one would have been there to help you." Jinling sighed, "Stop nagging me." Jingyi got angry and glared at Jinling, "He was not nagging, and you should be grateful you even have friends with that attitude of yours." Jinling stood up towering over Jingyi, "Oh really." Jingyi stood up meeting eyes with Jinling, "Yes really." As they were having a glaring contest, the door opened.

Wei wuxian, "Surprise!" Hui zhong who did not notice the door opening jumped back hitting his head on the wall. The glaring contestants turned to the door and immediately bowed along with Sizhui, "Hanguang-jun,  young master Wei." 

The two entered the room and noticed an unfamiliar figure who was massaging his head. When he noticed that all the eyes were on him, he bowed, greeting them, unaware of a voice that was supposed to talk, "Hanguang-jun, I am Hui zhong head disciple of  Yunmeng Jiang." Wei wuxian looked down, feeling weird hearing it. Lan Wangji who noticed it was about to question him further, but Jinling answered him, "Uncle sent him here with me to relay something important." Everyone looked at him, expecting him to continue, "To Grandmaster Lan. Actually, we are going to tell him right now. Excuse me." He dragged Hui zhong by his sleeves and left to go to the Main Hall.

After walking for a while, they stopped near a tree. Jinling finally let go of Hui zhong, "Why would you say that Young master Jin, aren't we hear to talk to Young master Wei?" Jinling sighed and glared at him, "You, it's all your fault. I had to get you out of that situation, so I lied to them."

Hui zhong was utterly confused, what did he do? Jinling on the other hand understood the confused expression and tapped his shoulder, "We need to talk to Wei wuxian when he is alone. Do you really think Hanguang-jun will allow him to work with Yunmeng Jiang?" Hui zhong who finally connected the dots, sighed, it was indeed understandable. He was also there on the day Hanguang-jun took Wei wuxian and left. It was the most depressing day since sect leader Jiang lost all his smile. Then after he did not even smile at his people like he used to.

He nodded his head and Jinling retracted his hand. "What should we do now, young master Jin?" Jinling thought for a while before making a conclusion. "Let's go to my room for now, then we'll establish our plan." Hui zhong was confused again, "What plan?"