10. The Purple robes

Previously...

"Wei Ying! He almost killed you." He hugged me tight before kissing my forehead, "Lan Zhan, I will never leave you." I tucked him in and blew the candles before lying down next to him.

Third Person POV

The next day,

Wei wuxian woke up earlier than usual but not before his husband. He got up bored and tired though he just woke up. After going through the room and messing a few scrolls he thought a warm bath would make him feel better. 

He went to the bathing room which was mainly of wood with a large stone carved on the inside to make a tub. A dark oak self was placed near it and it had a partition where a wardrobe and mirror were placed. He was very pleased to see a ready warm bath. He quickly removed his clothes and almost jumped into the stone tub. He lowered himself till the water reached his chin.

Without even realizing he fell asleep in the bathtub. On the other hand, Lan wangji entered the Jingshi holding a tray with his left hand and closing the door with his right. He placed the tray on a table and turned towards the bed to see it empty. "Wei Ying!" he called out, but he received no reply.

 "Wei Ying!" he called again but louder. He started to search the entire room before entering the bathing room. And when he did, he was relieved to see Wei wuxian in the tub. He walked towards the tub and caressed his face before waking him up. 

"Wei Ying! wake up. You shouldn't sleep here." Unlike the previous tries he actually got a response this time. "If I don't call you chengcheng, then who will?" Lan wangji's eyebrows furrowed deeply. Lan wangji, 'Chengcheng? who is that? Is he talking about Sect leader Jiang cheng.'

"Wei Ying! Wake up!" "I promised Madam Yu, as long as I live, I will not let you get hurt." The younger jade was very confused, he gave up trying to wake him up instead he helped him bath and changed his clothes before lying him down on their bed.

After a few minutes of waiting, he finally felt as that Wei wuxian was waking up. "Lan zhan!" Wei wuxian sat up shouting. He looked at his husband and immediately hugged him. Though Lan wangji was surprised he still hugged him back and whispered soft words to his husband.

Wei Wuxian, "You won't believe what I just dreamed of. Jiang cheng and I had a normal conversation. It's like one of the best dreams ever!", " Wei Ying he-" Wei wuxian placed his right hand on the Lan's right shoulder, "Aiya, Lan Zhaan~ Even if it was the best dream, nothing is better than you." Wei wuxian winked and kissed him quick before pulling him back on the bed, with the Lan hovering over him.

"You know, we haven't done it in a while." True, they actually paused their everyday activity because the second Jade had to attend a conference and his uncle prohibited Wei wuxian from joining the conference. Though Lan wangji wanted to eat the bunny presented before him, he first fed his injured bunny.  While he was changing his clothes, he also redressed the wound, and he was very happy to find the wound half healed. Usually when a normal person gets injured by a strong soul sword like the great Sandu, it takes weeks or even months to heal. But he did not question it. Since it had been a week since they did it, he took his time devouring him.

In the afternoon, grandmaster Lan visited Wei wuxian along with a physician. If it wasn't for Wei wuxian's injury, Grandmaster Lan would have spit blood after hearing unholy sounds. But thankfully, the couple decided to end it after a few 5 rounds.

*Knock knock*

Lan Wangji after hearing a knock on the door covered the tired bunny and opened the door. He bowed to his uncle and nodded in acknowledgement of the physician's bow. The two entered and went towards the bed.