30. Hidden Forever

Previously...

Wei wuxian, "So how is this related to that demon?" The elder sighed, "Even I don't know the entire story but 100 years after that incident..."

Third Person POV

The immortal who was supposed to have returned to his world stayed hidden under the Wens, making things that should never exist. He was the main cause of all this. That is the main reason why mortals and immortals should never intertwine in each other's lives. It causes mass destruction.

The 100 years went well, new clans grew faster, and changes were made. Cultivation conferences occurred at least thrice a month. The people grew stronger. Everything felt better until that immortal showed himself.

The Han clan was completely destroyed in one night because of fierce corpse. They ate the people. Not a bone was left. But the Yin metal remained. It was swallowed by a fierce corpse which was caught by the Jiahao Clan. The beginning of ruin started when the Jias wanted to have the piece, but the Liu clan wanted a piece as they played a role in fighting off the corpses.

The fight turned huge and disastrous. In the end, they broke the piece into two, each taking a half. But what was unexpected was for the immortal to show himself to the world. The Luanzhang Hills, where the Jia clan and Liu Clan resided was destroyed overnight. But only this time, it was done by hand.

The immortal killed each and every single person on the hill. By which it gained its name as the Burial Mounds. The Jia clan and Liu Clan together was larger and the fall of such a clan, built fear in other clans.

He took the Yin piece from the Liu Clan and regenerated its original power by draining the other stone's power. The clans finally played different strategies and took the immortal down with the help of the Wen clan. Finally killing him.

But some people still worshiped him for he was an immortal.

As for why the stone was able to absorb other stone's energy, it was because of a lady. From a clan known for its grace and principles. Her white ribbon fluttered through the winds as she broke the seal on the stone. Not only did it remove the seal from the stones, but it also gave more power to the immortal.

Though she only wanted to destroy it, the stone can't be destroyed. Only suppressed. The effect was big, but it ended. They say the Jiang's were the reason for it. But no one knew the real cause. It was forever hidden.

The sixth piece was hidden by the demon, and no one found it after that. The incident was soon forgotten by the new generation and the world gained its peace until after 100 years, Wen Rouhan tried to gather the six pieces again. Then another disaster followed suit.

Lan Qiren, "I suppose someone had found the sixth piece." Everyone looked at him trying to process all the new information. Though most of this was already known to Jiang cheng, a few parts seem to be misplaced.

The meeting ended with no solution. Jiang cheng did not want to tell them about the demon or about his curse. By the time the meeting was over, the sun had already set. Jiang cheng was returning to Yunmeng when he was stopped by a Lan.

Lan xichen, "Can't you stay the night? It's already late." The Jiang sighed, "Sect leader Lan, I'm afraid I'd have to refuse. I have some important matters to tend to. Now then." The Jiang unsheathed his sword after binding his farewell to the other.

The Jiang set foot on his sword when his sleeves was pulled back. "Our deal! I still haven't told you my perspective of the situation. I must keep my word, it's a rule of our clan." The Jiang rolled his eyes, "I have already heard it. Did sect leader Lan forget about it already."

Lan xichen looked down unable to counter him. "That day, you gave me wine. You should take responsibility for it." The Jiang's face was red, not because of embarrassment but of anger. He really wanted to punch the man. "Sect leader Lan! You are the one who misbehaved, I'm afraid if any of us were to take responsibility for that incident, it should be you!" The Jiang pulled his sleeves away and turned to the entrance.

He put his leg on his sword only to be pulled back by his sleeves again. "Sect leader Lan, please mind your-" The sect leader bowed, "Then please let me take responsibility for the situation." Jiang cheng couldn't refuse after being insisted stubbornly like this. He sighed and sheathed his sword. "I will have to trouble you with my stay." The Lan quickly straightened his back. "Please, you are no burden."

That is how Jiang cheng currently sitting in front of his once brother who is having fun playing with his husband, Shameless! Jiang cheng really wanted to leave but one Jade was smiling. It's very contagious. He sat there trying to swallow the tasteless vegetable soup while trying to ignore some people.

The grandmaster who also couldn't tolerate the couple coughed and tapped the table twice. But his actions went deaf to their ears as they continued being lovey dovey. After finishing the awkward meal Jiang cheng went to meet his nephew who was talking to his friends.

The moment he came into their vision, the place became awfully quiet. Lan Sizhui was the first to greet him soon after the rest followed. Jinling, "Uncle you said you're leaving, are you here to see me?" Jiang cheng ignored his question and gave him a purple pouch.

Jiang cheng, "You better keep it with you all the time, you understand! or I'll break-" The Jin took the pouch, "Yes, yes, I will keep it with me." Jiang cheng turned and left.

He sat in front of the Jade who poured him tea. "So, will you tell me how you got us home in your drunk state." The jade paused for a second and place the tea pot down. "Wanyin, stop joking, you were the one who took us back to Lotus Pier." The jade took a sip and chuckled.

"If you didn't do it then do you think we flew there." The Jade's face turned serious, "Wanyin, lying is forbidden in our clan. I did not bring us back. I only remember drinking the wine. I don't remember anything." Jiang cheng's face turned serious as well. "How do you know it's me who brought you home?" The Jade thought for a moment, "It was only the two of us drinking, if I didn't do it, then it must be you."

"But I did not do it." Jiang cheng tried to remember something but nothing came to mind. He sighed. "Since we returned safely, I suppose it doesn't matter now." the jade said smiling. The Jiang nodded and took another sip from his tea.