36. Recognize

Previously...

He walked a bit away from their side with a jar in his hands and washed his mouth. He then walked back to his seat but made sure to look at each and every one of them. And then it hit him.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng, 'I knew it was your plan.' Lan xichen understood that the other found something and took a look himself. But he did not find anything unusual. The two left the restaurant after paying and got on their swords.

Jiang cheng was quite the whole way to Yunmeng Jiang. Lan xichen did not disturb him supposing he would get a complete explanation.

Once they landed, Lan xichen followed jiang cheng into the study room. Hui zhong followed behind when he saw sect leader Lan and his disciple land.

Hui zhong, "Sect leader Lan and...!! Sect leader Jiang?  You have returned." The disciple bowed and looked at the Jiang, judging from his expression he understood something big had happened. His sect leader was wearing the Lan uniform. And he knew that his sect leader wholeheartedly hated their uniform. He would always complain about the boring look the Lan uniform gave.

Jiang cheng, "Have our disciples reported back from the south?" Hui zhong shook his head. "They should be back by tomorrow. Is there something wrong sect leader Jiang?" Jiang cheng took a seat and started to write a letter. The other two stood awkwardly unable to understand the situation.

Jiang cheng then gave the letter to Hui zhong who left the room. Lan xichen took a seat opposite to the Jiang when the jiang gestured him to do so. "Sect leader Lan, we might have a clue on the release of this demon." The Lan's face turned serious. Who in their right mind would bring back the demon which almost destroyed the entire world?

Jiang cheng, "Those people we saw in the restaurant are from Jiahao clan. They are also the same people who tried to bring back the same demon. I clearly remember their faces. They might have not recognized me because of the Gusu clothes."

Lan xichen thought of something bad. "If it was really planned, then their target might've been you. You would've already heard what happened to Jinling after getting possessed, but nothing like that happened to you."

Jiang cheng was mind blown. Why would the Jiahao clan try to harm him. Out of all the clans, Jiahao clan was relatively very close to the Yunmeng Jiang. Their trades have given both clans high profit. Strategically, there was no reason for the two clans to harm each other. Yet, it still happened. Unless it's a past vengeance.

But the Jiang clan has not been there for as long as the Jiahao clan. Where they jealous because of the Yunmeng Jiang's growth?

Lan xichen had to call the Jiang's name a few times to get his attention. "Are you alright?" Jiang cheng rolled his eyes, "You already asked this question thousand times today." Lan xichen looked down, guilty.

Jiang cheng, "I suppose they either did it out of jealousy or because of a personal reason." Lan xichen seemed to have his own conclusion. "But to awaken a dead immortal who killed their sect leader, I feel like there is more to it than we know." Jiang cheng nodded. The Lan was not wrong. It made sense. It's like awakening Wen chao who destroyed his clan.

Jiang cheng suddenly remembered a detail, "Actually, it might be forced. That night, they addressed the demon as master. The Jiahao clan still does not have a sect leader. It is ruled collectively by the people." 

In Gusu Lan,

Lan wangji knocked on his brother's door. He came again to share emotions with his brother. He felt like he had been ignoring his brother resulting in his brother's doubt in their bond. He never shared emotions with anyone other than his husband. Those who did not understand him only sustained a professional relationship with him. Even his uncle who raised him often wouldn't understand his mind. But his brother was always there for him. 

When Wei wuxian died, his brother always stood by his side, supporting him. When his clan rejected his husband, Lan xichen supported him. Even when he himself does not understand him, his brother did. He was his mother and father. Even when their parents left them, he hardened his(Lan xichen) heart and held him(Lan wangji) up, protecting him from the world around him.

His brother was someone no one could replace. He finally understood how selfish he had been. He always leaned on his brother, but he had never let his brother to lean on him. The only people his brother trusted left the world immorally.

Therefore, he made up his mind to support his brother. In whatever decision he takes. He will be the pillar that will support his brother. After waiting for a long time, he knocked again but received no reply. He did not want to invade his brother's privacy, so he turned to leave when Lan Jingyi walked towards him. The boy greeted him and entered the room with a bundle in his hands.

While entering he slightly staggered and a blue tassel dropped from bundle. Since the boy was unable to bend down to take it, he took it. Jingyi rushed inside to keep the bundle and rushed outside to take what he dropped. Seeing that the other had picked it up, he looked at him expectedly. 

Lan wangji at first thought it was his brother's but then he slightly recognized it. During the commencing spring festival, moonlight festival was also celebrated. Therefore, making it a special day for lovers. Since he had a husband, he was forced outside and bought couple items including tassels. He had a black and red one and Wei wuxian had a blue and white, along with lanterns and miniature dolls and other stuff.

Though it was not the same as the one they got, it looked very similar. His tassel has two beads above and below the white jade to show that he is the second Jade, but this one had only one bead on both sides.

Lan wangji, "Where do you get these from and why are you bringing it here?" Lan Jingyi took a second to remember and replied.

Lan Jingyi, "These are from Sect leader Jiang's guest room. Zewu-jun ordered to bring them here before he left."

Lan Wangji's eyes opened wide. How is this possible. Is his brother and that arrogant sect leader Jiang a... couple?