55. Desires

Previously...

After calming Zidian down he looked back at the Lan when a sudden wave of nausea hit him. He felt a sharp hit on his back and coughed blood, coloring his robes dark.

Third Person POV 

Lan Xichen immediately went to his side and rubbed his back. When Jiang cheng calmed down, he gave him water and checked his pulse. But Jiang cheng was not comfortable with letting the older check his pulse, mainly because his weakening body will be exposed. He withdrew his hand before the Lan could make a conclusion and drank more water.

"I must've overworked myself, nothing to worry about. A little bit of rest is enough, don't bother with it." Lan xichen did not say anything and went away.

'How come using a little bit of spiritual energy cause such a big reaction?' Jiang cheng thought for a while before his eyes became droopy. When the Lan returned with a small brown package, Jiang cheng was already asleep.

Lan xichen really wanted to use this opportunity to check his pulse again, but he did not wish to go against the other. He carried him to his bed and covered him with a blanket after removing his bloody outer robes.

Lan Xichen sat next to the other, in case he would wake up. But in the end, he fell asleep on the floor. 

The night was cold and windy, the entire clan was supposed to sleeping but five people stayed awake. Three of them searching for the Jiang, while the other two ran around in circles.

After Jinling went back to Gusu Lan, he ran to his other uncle and vomited worries. The physician who checked on Jiang cheng, did not know what kind of poison it was nor its side effects. But with the word poison being used, Jinling thought some sect leader was trying to harm his uncle and became very anxious.

After telling Wei wuxian the events of his visit, only related to his uncle, the two secretly tried to identify the evil sect leader and find an antidote for the poison. 

Lan wangji did not know about any of them as Jinling refused to tell him and got a promise from his uncle. 

They tried knocking on Jiang cheng's door a million times, but he simply wouldn't open the door. So, they came up with a plan, including Lan wangji for physical support.

The next morning, Lan xichen woke up with the sun and continued looking at Jiang cheng till the other would wake up. Lan xichen became a little anxious and extended his hands to check Jiang cheng's temperature, but his hands were caught and with a sudden pull, he was pushed to the bed with Jiang cheng's arm pressing against his neck. 

Jiang cheng was not fully awake and moved due to reflexes. He sharply opened his gray eyes to see the intruder. But when he saw Lan Xichen's face right next to his face, he immediately withdrew his hand blocking the Lan's neck. But he was still leaning in and without his other arm support, he lost balance and fell on the other.

Lan xichen tightly wrapped his arm around the Jiang hoping to keep him steady but the Jiang still dropped on him with his face in the crook of his neck. The two did not do anything but their muscles remembered the similar feeling making them both turn red. 

Jiang cheng slowly got up with the help of the Lan and sat back up. He was about to get up but then noticed that his legs were under the Lan's and moved around to free them. But little did he know, his innocent movement was on a non-innocent part with woke up with a slight rub.

The Lan's were known for their self-control, but maybe it was because Lan xichen already had a taste of the Jiang, his body reacted to even a slight touch by the other.

Jiang cheng did not notice it, but his face turned purple when he heard a slight groan coming from the other. At this point both were thinking about the same events, and blushing hard. But Jiang cheng still did not realize the awakened member.

He moved forward, wiping away his dirty thoughts and felt a little concerned about the Lan. Maybe the other had a fever or maybe he is hurt.

Jiang cheng leaned forward and checked the other's temperature which was very hot. He thought it was fever but still moved to check the other's pulse. But Jiang cheng's hips were tightly held by Lan xichen who murmured, "Don't move." His voice was very low and restrained, as he was trying his best to control himself.

Jiang cheng did not hear him at first so he leaned forward, expecting the other to repeat. But Xichen was in a very hard position and couldn't utter a single word. 

In a swift movement, he placed one arm on the bed and the other held the Jiang tightly as he switched their position. 

But Jiang cheng's legs were still around xichen and with his lower body hanging around the Lan, Jiang cheng finally recognized the awakened member.

Lan Xichen's complexion was much better than before, now that nothing was pressing hard on him. But Jiang cheng's complexion became worse. He wasn't sure if he should blush or be disgusted making his face go from green to red.

Lan xichen closed his eyes tightly, controlling his hormonal desires while his body was steadily holding Jiang cheng. Other than his thoughts, neither the hand around the Jiang's waist nor the legs wrapped around him, made him uncomfortable. On the contrary, he wanted to hug the other and sleep for a little longer. The enchanting scent of flowers coming from the Jiang and his lean body which would perfectly fit in his hold made it harder to hold back. 

Jiang cheng though, was more concerned about the Lan's face which darkened more and more. Other than him, no one would be mad enough to have their face darken and the last time he saw any such person was years ago. 

He lifted his hands and placed his palm on the others cheek, while the other hand moved to the Lan's broad shoulders. And that one touch was all it took to rip the Lan from his self-control.