34. Deja Vu?

Previously...

Jiang cheng and Lan Xichen sat across the table with tea in the middle. Both wearing the same outfit. 

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng, "I feel like Jiahao clan is somehow related to this issue. The monster that used to attack their ships might be the one which I confronted on that night hunt. Not only that, but they also seem to have something against Yunmeng Jiang."

The Lan thought for a while just as he was about to express his opinion, the Jiang's stomach rumbled. 

Jiang cheng, "..."

Lan Xichen, "..."

"I shall bring more food." The Lan left without getting a reply. Jiang cheng sighed, "It's all your fault."  After having his bud plucked, his entire body was sore to the feet making him more hungry than usual. A bowl of porridge can't recharge all the energy that left his body. He sighed and tried to stand up, but all his efforts went in vain. He huffed and gave up the idea.

As the Lan left his Hanshi, he rushed straight to the kitchen to get some more food. He was so focused that he did not realize the couple who called him.

Wei wuxian wanted to meet Lan xichen hoping he would find some leads as he was also not in his room when they went to seek his help the previous night. Supposing he would have returned, they walked towards Hanshi. Just then the door opened, and the Lan hurriedly walked out.

Lan wangji, "Brothe-" his words went into deaf ears as the 'brother' walked past them. Thinking something important had happened, they followed him... to the kitchen? They waited outside waiting for the Lan to come out.

After a while, the Lan walked out with a tray in his hands. Unlike the last time, he saw them and briefly greeted them and walked away. "Lan zhan, in what way is the morning pleasant for him to say, 'Pleasant morning!' and go like that." The couple were amazed to find the Lan acting like that.

Meanwhile,

Jiang cheng tried to stand up again, using all his strength. "I-I am not weak! I ca-n do thi-s!" He fell back on the ground with a loud thud. And sadly, it was on the place he was rammed into. He hissed in pain right as the door opened. Talk about bad timing. 

The Lan quickly placed the food on the table and ran to help him sit straight. "Sect leader Jiang! are you injured?"  Jiang cheng looked at him skeptically, out of all the things he could ask, he really had to ask the obvious.

Jiang cheng slapped his hands away and sat up on his own, biting the pain away which resulted in more pain, but he held it in. He took the bowl on the tray and opened the lid. He took a spoon full of porridge and ate it in one go. The food came out the same speed it went in along will a burnt tongue. He hissed, visually in pain. The Lan poured him a cup of water, but the Jiang snatched the Jar and gulped it empty. But how unfortunate, the Jar was filled with hot tea.

Jiang cheng almost cried, it felt like deja vu but different. He fanned his tongue and drank the cup of water that the Lan offered. It seems like he snatched the wrong Jar. The Lan profusely apologized but the Jiang was not buying it. It felt like he was getting revenge.

They room soon returned to its serious mode when they continued the conversation. The Jiang slowly slurped his soup as the Lan expressed his views on the situation. The demon showed no signs of return. Maybe it was afraid of the Gusu robes.

Right when their conversation ended, there was a knock on the door. That's when Jiang cheng realized how bad of a situation he is in. Not only is he in the sect leader's room but he is also wearing his clothes and eating there. It's a huge disrespect to a well-disciplined clan like the Lan clan.

The Lan did not find anything wrong and went to open the door when the Jiang shouted, "Stop, wait." He gestured for the Lan to come closer. Lan xichen had no idea but followed the Jiang's words and went closer to him. Jiang cheng used his as a support and stood up. "I need to leave."

The Lan looked at him, unable to understand his reason. The Jiang sighed, "Just take me out of here." The Lan no idea why but he led him to the open backyard. He sat on a stone and made sure he was out of sight and gestured for the Lan to leave. The Lan went and opened the door.

Lan xichen, "Uncle, Wangji and master Wei... and young master Jin, what brings you here." The Jiang could clearly hear the others, he was curious as to why Jinling would meet with the sect leader of Lan. 

"Zewu-jun, we are here too!" Jingyi said from behind the elders. "And Jingyi of course." Jingyi continued to shout, "Even Sizhui is here." The Lan smiled while crying on the inside. Sizhui internally face-palmed at his friend." How embarrassing.

 The Jiang felt his insides crumble. 'Why is the entire clan here?' On the other hand, everyone took a seat around the table which was meant for four. The adults sat around the table. The elder sat next to his nephews, while the youngsters sat behind Wei wuxian. With Jinling and Sizhui on his either side and Jingyi next to Lan wangji.

Lan xichen, "May I ask, what brought all of you here?" Lan qiren waited for the unruly man to start but after hearing nothing he started, "I heard sect leader Jian-" he was cut in the middle by Wei wuxian who did not spare him a look, "Zewu-jun! sect leader Jiang is not in his room, and no one had seen him since yesterday. I'm afraid some demon attacked him." 

Jiang cheng really wanted to say, "Yeah, your 'Zewu-jun' attacked me sore." but he kept his mouth shut. Why would he even be concerned about him. Was it because of the promise with his mother. It's not like he keeps them anyways. Why bother being the victim. The Jiang's thoughts were interrupted when he heard Jinling talk.

Jinling, "I feel like it was the demon that possessed me that tried to attack uncle. As soon as I found it, I first brought it to him after which I came here to ask Wei wuxian's help. Maybe it doesn't need to be activated or maybe it was already activated." 

Wei wuxian, "If you showed it to your uncle then why did you come to ask me for help?" The second Jade stared at the teen, "You did not tell us that Jiang cheng knew about this." 

Jinling, "My apologies, I did not mean to hide it, it just crossed my mind. It's not important either way." 

Wei wuxian, "So, Jiang cheng asked you to ask me for... help?" Wei wuxian was speechless, he never thought the other would even consider his existence.

Jinling, "I proposed the idea and he agreed." Wei wuxian was flying, he felt like their relationship did not go down the drain. But his husband had other views.

Lan wangji, "So he asked you to seek Wei wuxian even though he knew it was dangerous and how it could affect him since he does not have a core." This was the first time Jinling heard the Second Jade talk, at least more than a few words. But somehow, he felt that it would be better to never hear him talk.