72. Talisman

Previously...

He looked around at the Pier below him, his bloodied robes fluttering with the wind. He was still stuck in an illusion. He caught a glimpse of a bronze metal which had a red stone glaring at him. His fingers came to a stop, and he pierced down with a strong spell formed in his palm.

The moment he touched the metal, he felt himself fall into the abyss.

Third Person POV 

A woman roamed around aimlessly. Her soul latched onto a human body. She did not wish to enter it but neither did she have the power no refuse it. A weak soul like hers won't live long.

She walked through cold winters and beautiful dazzling summers. But she did not bother with any. The human suffered and she could do nothing about it. Her hands were tied to his soul, ready to replace it with hers but when she doesn't want to, how could she?

Snow fell on the human's figure. It was not the first time though. She continued roaming around with the help of the human body which she was forced to possess. She did not know who woke her up but if she were to guess she definitely would guess it right. 

Her pale translucent fingers traced the red stone around her neck. She sighed reminiscing her past. She did not know how long it had been since her death nor does she know the reason for her being forced to come back to life. 

She clutched the pendant tightly and whispered, "a-Qi..." 

Meanwhile,

Wei wuxian timidly stepped forward, ready to face any attack. He already realized that he was stuck in an illusion. He placed the flute closer to his mouth as moved towards the Jiang cheng's chambers. 

His feet silently stepped on the wooden floor without making a sound, but a loud stepping sound came from the room. Wei wuxian was high on alert. His fingers tightly held the door, waiting for the perfect moment to strike in. He barged open the door when a series of murmurs began. 

The first thing he saw was a group of men in black robes, the second thing he saw was the dangerous array they held together. His bloodied fingers from the fighting, moved in the air, creating a talisman which pushed all the strangers to the floor.

Wei wuxian lifted his fluted high in the air and hit the array with his demonic energy, breaking it to dust. His eyes burned red as he looked at them. "Where is Jiang cheng?"

Wei wuxian knew better than anyone about the array he just broke. He had once made it too and suffered a lot experiencing it. His flute laid next to his lips as his fingers pressed at different gaps.

The raging noise tormented the black robed men as they held their ears in pain. One of them, who was unable to take it any further raised his hands above his head, "I'll tell! I'll tell, please... just stop... I'll tell."

Wei wuxian smirked and twirled his fluted between his fingers before pointing it at the man.

"Good choice. Now as for the rest... die!" Darkness flooded the room enveloping everyone other than him and the man.

The room was filled with agonizing screams ass the man before him trembled in fear. "Now you better not lie."

Time skip,

Wei wuxian sat on a tall rock while playing with his flute, his eyes still burning flames. Next to him stood his husband who broke the illusion which was buried under a tree. 

Bichen was pointed against the group of five who were tied up on the ground. Wei wuxian stood up making all their body hair stand up in fear. After facing the Yiling Laozu, they were petrified for life.

Wei wuxian put a hand around his husband's shoulder and smiled cheekily at him. "Lan zhan, how should we deal with these people, they are not telling us how to cure Zewu-jun." Though Wei wuxian said it with a pout, they trembled against the spell which bind them together. 

"We already told you everything. That man... was not our doing. Our master is the one who dealt with him. Torturing us is only going to waste your time."

"Yes, that's right. If you don't save him quickly, then our lord will take his soul like he planned on that day-" The man looked to the side as he was hit by an elbow, making him realize what he had just said. 

He slowly looked up at the demonic cultivator whose lips blew into the flute. And that was the last thing he remembered before screaming in pain with his comrades.

Wei wuxian and Lan Wangji held their hands tightly as they casted a spell. Blood dripped from Wei wuxian's hand and onto the ground where an array was slowly forming. 

It slowly became bigger and bigger until it covered the entire of Lotus Pier. The strong red-blue array burned every other formation which tried to harm them. 

Wei wuxian finally sighed in relief after making sure no dark formation was present in the pavilion. 

His head rested on him husband's shoulder and they hugged each other tightly. 

"We now only have to find Jiang cheng and then everything will go back to its original state."

"Hmm."

Wei wuxian giggled and pecked the Lans nose. "I'm glad you destroyed the illusion. One more moment without you would have been the death of me."

The Lan's arms tightened around Wei wuxian as they deepened the hug. "Wei Ying... I love you."

"I love you too, Lan Zhan."

The sheets moved as the Lan woke up from his slumber. "Jiang cheng!"

The couple turned towards him, but he was already out of bed. His figure wobbled as he made his way out of the room. He ran towards Jiang cheng's room, ignoring the voices calling for him. He slammed the door open and looked around the room. 

Hurried footsteps followed behind before finally stopping at the door. "Zewu-jun, what are you searching for?" Wei wuxian asked panting. The second Jade stood beside him with a concerned face which others wouldn't recognize.

"A talisman... a talisman which can destroy that demon."