99. Chilles and Choking

Previously...

The two closed their eyes but only one fell asleep. "I'll ask him about it all tomorrow." The other thought.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng leaned futher towards the warmth and let out a pleased noise as he felt the warmth engulf him.

Why is it so cold, he thought. 'Wait- why is it even cold in my Pier?' His eyes flew open and all he could see was snow- white robes. He tilted his head upwards and locked eyes with the Jade.

"Xichen?" He gasped with his morning hoarse voice.

"Good morning Wanyin, how was your sleep? Is there anything you'd like?"

"No..."

There was a deep silence all around as Jiang cheng's brain had a flash back.

'Right, he proposed, Wei wuxian caught his collar, I passed out and then we slept together- he proposed...

HE PROPOSED!... AND WE KISSED!!!!' Jiang cheng immediately pushed him away- atleast tried to until he realized the Lan's arms around him.

"Xichen... can you let go?"

He quickly withdrew his hands and moved away, "My apologies for making you uncomfortable, I thought you might be... cold"

"No... I we... yesterday and uh..."

"Did I perhaps do somthing you did not like?"

"No no no... it's just Um..."

"Wanyin please tell me, I do not wish to trouble you in any sort"

"It's just that..."

"I sincerely apologize if I had offended you in any sort-"

Jiang cheng felt his nerve twitch a little but he did not bother much.

"NO. It's nothing like that, just... me... you...."

"Is it because we shared the same bed? I did not mean to make you-"

"NOO!! YOU KISSED ME INFORNT OF EVERYONE LAST NIGHT AND proposed to me..."

"Wanyin, I did not mean to upset you, I-" He was immediately shut when Jiang cheng pulled his collar.

"No you Idiot! Are we now lovers or what!?!"

"If that's what you wish for, I would very much oblige-"

"Stop talking like that!" Jiang cheng tightly griped his shoulders as he shaked the poor Lan early in the morning.

"Wan-yin I d-o not kn-ow wha-t you mea-n."

Jiang cheng immediately stopped and walked away from the bed, wearing his boots and wearing his uniform and accessories which was placed aside.

Xichen followed right behind him and grabbed his hands, but quickly withdrew them when he felt the cold glare.

He watched as the Jiang left his pavilion.

"What have I done..."

Jiang cheng sat down near his nephew as he(Jinling) placed various food on his(Jiang cheng) plate. Though Jiang cheng would have usually shouted at him, he was pleased this time as all of them had spices unlike the other Gusu food.

He would've left way earlier if it wasn't for Wei wuxian and Jinling holding onto his leg like leeches deprived of blood.

While he was filling his stomach, the Lan watched as his little brother pampered his lover. Placing food with secret spices and sneaking giving a few pecks while the Grandmaster did not see.

While he sat completely opposite to the Jiang, he couldn't possibly do the same.

'Should I start pecking Wanyin as well?" He thought.

Jiang cheng took another bite of the spicy vegetable as he felt his ears burn. Even though he tried really hard to ignore their love businesses but with how loud they were, he could feel his ring spark.

He looked at the paintings on the wall to distract himself when he caught a glimpse of cotton, Inside the Grandmaster's ear?!

So even Lan qiren had to take extreme measures. He chuckled softly and suddenly he chocked on his food and started to cough.

This is why you don't laugh at other's misery.

Wei wuxian and Jinling immediately tapped his back and head from his either side. How convenient.

He pushed Wei wuxian who gave him a little hard slap on his back and apologized to the other.

Lan xichen looked down, a little sadened that he couldn't react in time. It would have been way easier if he sat next to him instead.

-

Jiang cheng sighed in relief after everyone left the Hanshi with the physician.

"Why are they acting so weird?"

He sat up and walked around the room. Looking at the various collection of books.

The door opened and Xichen entered the room with hands full of big baskets.

Jiang cheng walked over as the Lan placed them down.

"What are they?"

"Spices, these are freshly grinded chilles and those are a mix of diff herbs, it is said to be sour."

"I did not know, you liked spices Zewu-jun."

Xichen slightly frowned at the name, not that it was shown on his face.

"These are for you."

"Oh..." But I have a lot of it at Yinmeng though, he thought.

Xichen pushed them aside and faced the Jiang.

"Wanyin, may I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

He walked to the table and sat down, directing his hand at the seat before him.

Jiang cheng obliged and sat down, accepting the cup of tea served to him.

"So, what is it?"

"Wanyin... could you please.. tell me, what happened to you in Lotus Pier?"

"When- oh..." Jiang cheng looked down, unsure of what to say, or how to say."

"Forgive me if I was making you uncomfortable, but I want to help you. I'm afraid you going unconscious was related to the past incidents."

"No, I can assure you, I must've just been tired." Jiang cheng claimed, his voice hesitant.

"Wanyin, please, seeing you fall limp in my hands... I don't think I'll be able to endure that again. Wanyin, I love you and I would be more than glad to give my life for you. I do not intend to make you uncomfortable. But please, I don't want to lose you ever." Xichen plead, his eyes almost glistening.

Jiang cheng gulped the tea and looked at him.

"Alright."

Author's note,
The next update is not a chapter, but a plot review. Since my writing is quite confusing, I'll break it down and brief about the main plots.

For all those who are confused about everything that has just happened, don't worry, it'll be clear soon ~\_/~

Happy Valentines day Yall!!!♡♡♡