41. Jiang Lian

Previously...

Just then Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi entered. Jinling and the two were supposed to enjoy the two days in Yunmeng Jiang but when they heard cries the two who were led to guest rooms couldn't help but come out.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng felt tremendous pain in his head. Memories flooded in without giving him any time to process it. The pain finally left his body when the physician came in. He took a look around the room. He finally understood the reason for the blood covered place. He sighed and pulled himself out of the bed. It must all be that demon's doing.

He could hear the physician advising him to rest more but he was afraid he would become victim to the demon again. He opened the door and saw two Lans awkwardly standing next to Hui zhong. He walked past them, not wanting to listen to any of their words.

When Jingyi saw the Jiang, he felt as though he had seen the robes somewhere before. But he averted his attention when Sizhui entered the room. 

The two Lans comforted the Jin and helped the maids clear the area even though Hui zhong told them to not bother with it. Jingyi was picking up shards when he noticed a Lan robe near the door. He picked it up and inspected it. Throughout sect leader Lan's seclusion, he was the only one who was allowed in to bring food and clean the place. Though sometimes the second Jade would bring food.

From all that experience he could bet on his life that the outer robe on the ground belonged to the sect leader of Gusu Lan. It how could it come to Yunmeng Jiang? When he took the robe in his hands, a maid came and took it. "Please, let us handle this. If sect leader Jiang knows that guests are doing these, he would definitely be mad." Lan Jingyi reluctantly let go of the robes and joined Sizhui who was comforting the Jin.

Jiang cheng went to his room and took a bath. All the blood made him feel sickening. It was not the blood itself. It was because of the dream he had. But is it really a dream when it felt all real. He laid back on the wooden tub. The hot water soothing him and clearing his mind. He thought about the dream he had. He remembered different endings, but they all started the same. 

But in the end, they were all similar. He either gets killed or he kills. He also remembered seeing a guy similar to the demon. Maybe it is the demon's initial stage. He did feel some spiritual energy from him.

He rose up from the tub after making out a plan. After changing into his robes, he left the room with his wet hair. He looked for the blue tassel he had in his robes. It had a hidden message he kept. But after realizing it must be in Gusu, he sighed. At least it's safe there.

He opened the door to look for hui zhong when Jinling stood outside. "What is it?" Jinling first had an amused expression which slowly shrank into a scowl. "Jiujiu! What do you mean 'what is it' I'm here worried about your health. Did you even know you were poisoned!!!!"

Jiang cheng sighed and walked past him, "Do you know where Hui zhong is?" Jinling's face was completely red with fury. "Jiujiu! This is no joke. We need to find the great physician who could cure even the immortals."

Jiang cheng glanced at the boy, "I did." Though it came out quiet, Jinling heard it clearly. "What!" Jiang cheng sighed, "I've been poisoned for quite some time now." Jinling's mouth was open wide. He was utterly speechless. "Why did you not tell me!!" 

Jiang cheng was getting a headache. The boy wouldn't stop shouting. "It was you who went with the Lans, not me." Jinling felt all the guilt stand in front of his eyes. Jiang cheng sighed again, he did not want anyone to know about this. He continued on forward when he saw Huizhong stare blankly at him. He was frozen in place and did not even blink.

Jiang cheng, "Hui zhong, when you go there, only receive what's given. Don't give anything." The man finally came out of his daze. "Yes, sect leader. That day... when you went to Gusu. Was it to see the great physician Qi?"

Jiang cheng internally lost his soul, now the entire world will come to know about this. "Don't bother, I'll be fine." Jinling walked in front of him. "Is that why you tried to kill yourself!" Jiang cheng's nerves bulged in his forehead. "If I'm not wrong, shouldn't you be Gusu getting punished for skipping class." 

That shut Jinling's mouth while the Jiang walked to his study. The art used by the demon felt very familiar. He looked through each and every book in the room. After a while of searching, he finally gave up and sat down. Just then, he saw a book on the verge of falling. After putting it back in its place, he looked through once again. "Something is out of place..."

In a split second, Zidian swiftly wrapped itself around an intruder. "Sect leader Jiang, you're very meticulous indeed." Jiang cheng turned to the demon who stood at a distance behind him. "What did you do to me?" The other gestured to the whip but it only got tighter. "Don't make me repeat myself." The other sat down but the Jiang stood still.

"Please bear with me for now. I already have my eye on a better host. Someone easy to deceive." Jiang cheng tightened the whip around the demon. "I'll tell, patience sect leader Jiang." Jiang cheng wanted to punch him hard but held it in.

"I simply made reminded you of your regrets and fears. Must say, that was very unique. Who knew the arrogant heartless sect leader is quite sensitive. Even in bed~" And that was the last straw. The demon felt pain all over his body. It was the same as being struck by a lightning. Only this one was even worse and long-lasting. Jiang cheng felt his blood boil. He was feeling everything the other felt, just a little less. He felt a lightning strike while the other was electrocuted to death.

The two were having a competition on who would fall first. The demon sat still, though all his vessels were popping out. His eyes watering blood. Jiang cheng stood still with his hands tightly clasped in the back. Unable to take the heavenly weapon, the other fell on the ground. Black liquid splattered all over. Jiang cheng stopped Zidian's spark and inspected the black liquid on the floor.

It is the same liquid that snake like monster had. He knew it very well, after all it was splattered all over him. Jiang cheng, "You sent that monster?" The demon chuckled. "I told you; I am the immortal Qi Guan. After being defeated by dirty tricks, I turned into this. An immortal demon. Did you forget, Jiang Lian."