4. Suffocating

Previously...

"Such a crybaby, you are not worthy of being my son."

"Mother!"

Jiang Cheng POV

"I'm-" I woke up breathing heavily. It's just a dream, I should calm down. After taking a few deep breaths, I realize I slept in the study room. I should go back before Huizhong finds me. He is just like an old lady, always nagging me.

As I was about to enter my room, the old lady found me. "Sect leader JiANG, did you Even slEEP, you told me to rest but look at you, it's obvious you did not sleep."

"I wish I didn't" I murmured, wait, why should I. I am the sect leader.

I swiftly turned around, "You must have nothing to do, coming and nagging me like an old lady."

"Sect leader, I was just worried about you, you haven't slept a wink after you returned from that night hunt."

"I did, I slept today." I sighed, "Anyways, why are you here?"

Huizhong, "Right, we received a letter from Gusu Lan."  The Lan clan? Why would they send me a letter? Did that Wei wuxian tell them what actually happened? Are they going to apologize? "Keep it in my study."

"Yes, sect leader" he bowed before he left. Well, I should get ready.

In the study,

I wonder what they wrote. The calligraphy is really beautiful, it must be written by that stone face. He is obviously not going to say much. With that attitude of his, I doubt it's going to be a proper apology.

I opened the letter and started reading it.

Sect Leader Jiang,

Regarding the recent incident that took place, we have finally decided to make decision based on your recent activity. As you have harmed a person under the Lan clan, you are officially banned from visiting the Cloud Recess, with an exception during the discussion conference.

Sincerely,

Hanguang-jun

Seriously, I harmed him?  Whatever, it's not like I want to go there either way.  Did he not tell anything against this, we both knew what actually happened, but he chose to be silent, so be it. I have better things to do.

All of it is his- 'Chengcheng~ you are blaming it all on me again, you are so clingy. Is there a day when I have not been involved by you.'

"Wei... wuxian?, y-you." 

'Shh... Close your eyes and sleep well, I will take all your blame so you can stay can ease.'

"No, I don't need your help. I don't care about anything."

'Really, can you stand being abandoned?'

"I was already abandoned the day you entered Lotus Pier. It's nothing new!"

"Sect leader, is there a problem?" I looked towards the door to see Huizhong standing worriedly.

"No, nothing." I replied quickly. I can't believe I'm hallucinating right now. 

"Then I will take my leave, sect leader." I nodded my head and he left. I opened the nearest scroll and started doing my sect work.

After a few hours,

I lifted my head when I heard the knock on the door, "Come in."

"Sect leader, your lunch." A maid came in with a food tray. As I nodded my head, she placed it on the table in the inner chamber, where I usually eat lunch. It's connected to the study making it easy for me. She bowed and left soon after which I entered my inner chamber.