100. when the Lan goes Bland

Previously...

Lan xichen, "Wanyin, please, seeing you fall limp in my hands... I don't think I'll be able to endure that again. Wanyin, I love you and I would be more than glad to give my life for you. I do not intend to make you uncomfortable. But please, I don't want to lose you ever." Xichen plead, his eyes almost glistening.

Jiang cheng gulped the tea and looked at him.

Third Person POV

By the time Jiang cheng took another sip from his cup only to realize that it's finished just like his flashback.

He placed the cup down and just as he was about to refill it, he was pulled into a warm embrace. The hands tightly placed on his back and one at the small of his waist.

"I'm fine-" his words stopped as the hold became tighter. Jiang cheng slowly shifted into the Lan's lap. Though he did not have any space or way to hug back, he felt comfortable in his embrace. Afterall, it's not like he had anytime to react to anything.

The sudden mood pierced through the iron gates in his heart. A small sense of gratitude, for listening maybe?

Xichen withdrew from the hug and cupped his cheeks, caressing the side, "Wanyin, my love, my dear... I'm so sorry, so sorry for not being there for you, there with you... my sweet lotus, if only I could go back in the past to help you. Be there for you."

Pulling him lower, he softly kissed edge of his jaw, below his ears, on his nose and finally, he pressed his lips gently against the Lotus.

He pulled him into a tight embrace again, kissing the nape of his neck.

Jiang cheng felt overwhelmed by the sudden emotions. Those open gates finally let out all the sadness and pain it held as he sobbed on the white-blue robes, staining them blue like his deep blue iris.

The walls echoed the painful whiphers and cries. Xichen slowly patted his back as his Lotus shed his tears.

All afternoon, the Hanshi was filled with sobs and sadness. Passing disciples soon started to make it world news, 'A virgin weeping ghost, in the almighty Hanshi. Who did the leader offend?'

The moment it hit Wei wuxians ears, he rushed to Hanshi, only to be stopped by his lover.

As the Sun set above their heads, everyone went to the Dining Hall. But what surprised everyone was the fact that the Sect leader had switched seats with his younger brother. The people who care most about order discipline.

Once the food was served, Xichen tool out a Jade box and gave it to his Lotus.

Jiang cheng was surprised and very grateful. He put the spice powders on his bland tasteless soup and started to drink it happily. But it did not stop there.

The moment he finished his veggie soup, a few disciples came in with large trays in their hands, heading straight towards him.

"Sect leader Jiang must be tired, thus I would like you to have a taste of our most exquisite cuisine." Said Lan qiren, politely, as he extended an arm towards the said leader.

"I don't think I've done anything to be 'tired', I don't think-"

"Wanyin, don't refuse. You should eat more. That's what the physician said as well." Xichen said softly, so that only he could hear him.

"But still-"

"Aiyaa Jiang cheng, you should have this too."

Seeing his uncles give all the food to Jiang cheng, Jinling followed back and placed all his food on his jiujiu's plate.

"Jinling, stop putting your food on my plate. If you don't eat that, I'll make you eat 15 plates of that."

But his words reached no one and the entire hall became noisy.

The disciples continously carried plates towards the Jiang and his lover next to him, and Wei wuxian took more food to keep on his plate.

Suddenly the atmosphere darkened and as the air grew thick. It suddenly became quiet, like the calm before the storm.

Suddenly erupted a lightning, splitting the air as it made its way to the top.

"Stop it, all of you."

"Please excuse my behavior, but I have to leave, I'm quite busy."

Saying so, Jiang cheng walked out with his ring still rolled out as a whip.

Lan xichen immediately ran after him while his uncle was about to vomit blood on seeing two people break the Lan rules and not to forget, one of them is the Lan Sect leader.

"Wanyin, please wait, you cannot go back now. Please listen to me."

"Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't return to my clan as it's SECT LEADER."

" ... Well..."

"Exactly" Jiang cheng drew his sword and stepped on it.

"Farewell, Sect leader Lan" just as he was about to fly off, Xichen hugged his waist tightly.

"You! What are you doing in public!!!!!? Get off of me!" He tried to push the Lan away, he even tried to fly up, but the Lan was way to strong and held him there tightly.

"Wanyin, you can't leave."

"Why can't I??"

"Because... because... you're pregnant..."

And awkward silence filled the gap until Jiang cheng held his arms tightly and managed go fly up.

Lan xichen was quickly able to stand on the sword without a problem as he held Jiang chengs waist tightly.

"Xichen, what did you just say?"

He sighed, "I... it might sound stupid but.."

"Yeah, like I believed you. Are you alright, is it because you've been eating that lame old bland soup, your brain finally gave up?"

"No, Wanyin, belive me. Can we go to the Hanshi first? Hmm?"

Jiang cheng nodded and the both got off the sword with a very reluctant Jiang.

-

Jiang cheng had his arms crossed as he sat on the hard cushion.

"I understand what you are trying to say but isn't this a little too much. Do you think I was born yesterday, Sect leader LAN? Pr..pr..pregnant? What do you think I am? HUH?"

"Wanyin, this might be hard to take in but I was also surprised when I heard it for the first time. I even checked it myself."

"Sect leader Lan!... I-"

*Knock knock*

Xichen opened the door to find Wei wuxian staring at him suspiciously while his husband held a tray in his hand.

"Young master Wei, Wangji, how shall I help you?"

"Where is a-cheng?"

"He is inside, please come in" xichen said and moved aside, welcoming them in.

"But I don't see him anywhere..."

Xichen rushed forward and saw the seat empty. "Wanyin" he muttered.

-

The sky was just like a huge Lotus petal, with white clouds floating over the half moon that struggled to show itself in the presence of the sun.

"Sect leader Jiang!" Bowed Hui zhong. He walked behind him till they reached the study room.

Jiang cheng took a deep breath. "Find someone for me. As soon as possible."

Author's note,
Woow, finally hit a century!!! 🎉🎉