38. Nowhere

Previously...

The cold air once again surrounded him. In the dense moment, he heard soft chuckles near his ear. He swiftly turned his head to the side only to see them.

Third Person POV

He sighed preparing himself for the terror he is going to face. All the nightmares he used to get stood in front of him. Family is something that is supposed to make one happy, but in his case, it only kills him slowly. Maybe it's just him and his perspective, but it still hurts. Amidst all his thoughts, he saw a snake made of mist come towards him, dispersing the people like dust. It was like clearing an illusion. 

Out of reflex, he attacked the illusion with spiritual energy, but it did nothing to the snake. He used more energy and attacked again. It created a big impact, releasing more mist. He unleashed Zidian only to realize his ring was not on his finger. It then hit him that even his sword was not with him.

He waited for the mist to clear but after waiting, he walked towards it himself. He used his hands to clear it out. Suddenly a hand grabbed his and pulled him into the mist. He struggled to free himself but after several tries, he used his spiritual energy to blast whatever was near him. It seemed to do a lot, as the mist slowly but steadily cleared only to show a tall figure standing.

He at first couldn't figure out the person's identity but then he realized. "You damn demon." He said gritting his teeth. It all made sense. He gathered spiritual energy in his right palm and ran to punch the demon. But it did not move an inch. He forcefully punched it in its face, using all his might. He did not care if it would only harm him. He only wanted to kill it at the moment. After causing such a thing to happen how could he stay still.

He felt blood come together in the pits of his stomach as his fist touched its face. When the impact took place, he spat jars of blood. The demon though, did not seem to feel anything. It's extended hand, wiped the blood near his mouth and licked it.

"Sect leader Jiang, your blood is extraordinary, even that core is well cultivated. If only I could feel your core. I'm sure it'll be way better. The Jiangs love to be special after all."

Jiang then realized what he did. He completely forgot that demons like such feed on energy. He cussed at himself and glared at the demon. "An unworthy fuck like you shouldn't dare say my name."

The demon chuckled "If an immortal is unworthy, I wonder who is." Jiang cheng was taken back. When the demon called himself as the descended Qi Guan, he did not believe a word. If an immortal can die and turn into a demon, is he really an immortal? He rolled his eyes at the demon. "If you're an immortal, then I'm the devil." 

The demon smiled, "Since you fed me today, I suppose I can give you something in return." Jiang cheng suddenly felt himself turn weak. Like the day his core was taken away from him.

He then felt the air turn into rock. He wasn't able to inhale or exhale. Soon the air became fiery hot and then ice cold. And before he knew it, he lost his consciousness.

 When Jiang cheng opened his eye, his found himself in the middle of nowhere. The place was dry and empty. Not a single tree came into view.  He looked around and walked towards a random direction. "You darn demon, if you don't appear right now, I'll kill you!" He shouted but other than his echo nothing was heard. After walking for a while, he stopped.

Even after walking for a long time, the scenery did not change. He was about to use his spiritual energy when a huge black thing fell in front of him. The blinked a few times to process whatever happened. When he finally got a hold of himself, he bent down to look at the huge hole the black thing caused. 

Unable to see anything, he bent down but he was pushed down. He closed his eyes and covered his head, awaiting the impact. But nothing came. He opened his eyes and looked around; he was still falling. Right when he retracted his hands, he landed on something very slimy. He really wanted to puke at the disgusting texture.

He sat up and took a look at whatever he fell upon. To his surprise, it was a dead snake. Similar to the one he fought. This one looked more dangerous and intimidating. He took a step back when he hit something hard. At this rate he felt like his head might fall off. He rubbed his head and looked back at the wall. Or so he thought. A tall man stood, glaring at him. He reached out for his sword but then he remembered that his sword was not here. But then, his hands grabbed the hilt of a sword. He looked at his waist and was very surprised to see a different outfit and a sword.

But his attention averted to the man when his shoulders were roughly grabbed. He was so close to having a concussion. The man bent down to his level and looked at his eyes. "Why are you here?" That's when he looked at the man. His features were very similar to that demon's, but it was also different. 

He pushed the man and took a step back but to his surprise, in his place another Jiang stood while he stepped back. He gasped loudly but the man did not look at him. He lifted his hands and took a look. It was his, but the Jiang in front of him was... a female?

He suddenly shuddered when he felt a slimy thing crawl up his legs. He looked down and saw the snake demon hiss at him. He grabbed its head roughly and pulled it up. The snake struggled a little at being midair but wrapped around his arm soon after.

"Where have you brought me!" The snake hissed and swiftly escaped his grasp. It then turned into a human. "Sect leader Jiang, would rather see someone closer to you?" Jiang cheng frowned, "What do you mean?" He closed his eyes when he saw a really bright light, but he heard something in the background, "Can't I choose you ov...". 

When he opened his eyes, he was surrounded by darkness. He was about to light a talisman when a figure appeared in front of him. "Cheng cheng~ did you miss me?"