52. No Harm

Previously...

He immediately gathered a huge amount of spiritual energy and blasted it on the other's chest. But it all went inside the other. Qi guan then took a step back and dark fog surrounded his feet. "Thank you for the meal~" The fog completely covered him, and he vanished in a second.

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng blinked a few times, processing the situation. Purple dust floating in the air slowly dropped down and vanished. When Jiang cheng realized, his ring sparked violently. 

"Fucking snake."

He took a deep breath in and relaxed. "I see what you're doing, let's see who'll win the next time."

   All the sect leaders from afar gathered together in the Grand Hall of the Unclean Realm. Nie Huisang sat on top in the middle. His dark robes decorated with dirty gold patterns and a gold crown adorning his half bun. His right hand held a gold wine cup which he raised to make a toast while his left held a fan.

Not many sects arrived yet. Those who arrived were mostly from afar or those who wanted to do business with the Nei Clan.

Jiang cheng sat to the right of Nie Huisang. He did not speak a word other than returning greetings. He sipped his wine after the sect leader Nie made a toast to all those present. But even after reaching the place, no one knew the reason for such a grand banquet. The dark themed manor was brightly lit and decorated with gold and dark green. 

Jiang cheng being the only one from the big sects was surround by small sect leaders trying to expand their sects. 

After the grand breakfast where all cuisines were served, the Hall was filled by servants preparing for the mega feast where all the big sects will be present.

The other sects each were led by a Nie disciple, showing them the beauty of the Nei clan. In the past, the Nei clan did not bother much with social presentation as the We clan bordered with them, and no one dared to come. But now that the Wen problem was gone and the sect leader was Nie huisang, the small clans thought of ways to get on his good side.

Jiang cheng did not want to go out but after contemplating the possibility for that demon to reappear he agreed. Unlike the other clans, he was accompanied by the sect leader himself.

The two walked around the town, shared words and world concerns though it was mostly just Nei huisang. Jiang cheng did not speak a word extra and he was mostly spacing out, but the other did not point it out. 

"Sect leader Jiang, I understand why you're trying to keep your distance, but I never meant to harm you. In any way." Jiang cheng was first taken aback. He did not expect the other to see right through him. 

After the death of the late sect leader Jin, he did a little investigation as he found it extremely suspicious. The evidence to prove Jin Guangyao was too precise and clear. Every other incident following that was too smooth like as if someone had planned it. Though it was hard to find any clue, it was very easy to see the culprit. But Jiang cheng was not sure. He was stuck between the Yin and Yang. So, he chose to avoid both sides.  

But Nie Huisang must've known about his discreet investigation. The two walked, no words shared in between. One chose to stay quiet and the other chose to wait for a response.

After a while Nie huisang left Jiang cheng alone. He wanted to send a disciple to his assistance, but the Jiang refused it and chose to go alone.

Jiang cheng roamed around the town, looking at different stalls and their products. After buying a few things like a hairpin made of a special Nie clan rock which looked brownish black in one angle and goldish black in the other. 

He bought for everyone he knew. Jinling, his disciples and servants, a kid who gave him flowers when he once visited the town in Yunmeng and a brocade which reminded him of Wei wuxian. He did not know why he bought it. When he saw a black and red brocade with dazzling decorations, he thought of his brother who died in the Nightless city or even before that.

He walked back to the Unclean realm, with his pockets completely filled. The Sun stood right above his head and drained him of all his energy. He sighed and continues walking when he spotted a money pouch. It was in a deep purple shade and two purple tassels on both sides of the pulling rope. It had thin golden embroidery all over it. Jiang cheng took a look at his ouch which was also purple but was extremely damaged. 

He bought it and went to a nearby restaurant. He did not intend on eating, but wanted to see if the menu is to Jinling's liking. In case the other bugged his uncle to go with him.

After taking a look around he decided to return back to the Unclean Realm.

When he passed the gates, he saw that the Nei manor was even much brighter than before. The place was filled by various different colors. Chatter filled the manor. He quietly walked past everyone. But there were a few who tried to start a conversation with him, he shut them up real quick and went to his allotted room.

He closed the door when a loud voice spoke.

"Wow, this place looks way different from when I last visited it. Even the guest rooms like the sect leader's room."

"Of course, Wei-gongzi. These rooms are specially prepared for you."

"Really, I'll check with the others."

"Oh my, please don't tell the others. Not everyone has the same room as you."

"Fine, Lan zhan let's go and check if the room is soundproof."

"By the way, who is in here? are they close to you as well."

"Well... I... I need to greet the others; I'll answer you the next time."

Jiang cheng retracted his ear from the door and coughed a few times from embarrassment. How could a sect leader eavesdrop on someone else's conversation. He took out all the things he bought and arranged them in a proper way. 

Just a second after sitting down on the soft cushion under the study table, he stood up at the knocking sounds from the door.

He walked a bit faster each step as the person kept repeatedly knocking at a faster pace. He held the door and slightly opened it when a loud voice emerged. 

"Ah! Zewu-jun, you're here. I knocked on the wrong door by mistake. Good thing no one is inside."

"Yes, but please be careful next time. We should not disturb the others."

"I don't think that person would care. Maybe he is an evil sect leader spying on others. It's already Lunch time and he still hadn't returned. I find it very suspicious."

"I'm sure that is no-"

"Maybe we should go and check. Who is with me?"

"Wei Ying."

"Lan zhan, don't worry nothing will happen."

"I agree, we should check it out. What if they tried to ruin the banquet." 

When Wei wuxian heard Jinling's response, he brightened up like a candle being lit in a dark room.

Wei wuxian was very close to opening the door when Lan xichen blocked him. "We are simply invading their privacy. How about we ask Sect leader Nie directly?" The other two thought for a while before nodding.