107. Left in the Dark

Previously...

They were so close, close enough for Wanyin to raise his head and press his lips with the Lan's.

"Why did you stop?"

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng sat with his arms crossed on the Lan's lap. It was either he stay with him while the Lan does his Leader duties or the Lan stays with him while he lazes around bored.

Jiang cheng could feel a hand crawling slowly and almost discreetly around his waist. He sighed. This Lan is very touchy, he thought.

Xichen had his eyes focused on the papers before him while his entire self only thought of pleasing the Jiang. And he is also going to become a father now. He was butterflies fill his stomach just at the thought of it.

Jiang cheng was so very tired. Tired of doing nothing. He was a busy man with work and responsibilities. But now, he only sleeps and eats like a pig with hurt his ego and pride a lot.

He raised his head to glare at the Lan who enjoyed the time if his life.

"Is there anything you want Wanyin?" The Lan asked with his ever so gentle voice. Jiang cheng rolled his eyes and leaned back. Doing nothing only made him more sleepy. He closed his eyes and soon soft snores left his parted lips.

-

Jiang cheng sat by the window as he watched the the tall trees and the dense clouds move. Just then, Xichen entered with a contemplating face.

Jiang cheng stood up and went to the older as they shared a few hugs and kisses. In just a few days so much has changed, in their relationship that is. Xichen felt like he had just tamed a feisty cat who now would stick to him whenever which he just loved.

Xichen motioned for the Jiang to sit and the two sat next to each other. Jiang cheng could see the hesitation in his eyes.

"What wrong Huan?"

Xichen shook his head, "There is nothing wrong. It's just... it's just that... I...maybe we-"

Jiang cheng rolled his eyes, "Just say it"

"Wanyin, I was just thinking... shall we get married?"

Jiang cheng choked on his own saliva and coughed violently. "What?!"

"Does Wanyin not wish to marry me?" Xichen asked with a pouty face.

"No, no, no- I've just never thought of that..."

"It's fine if Wanyin does not want to, as long as I can be by your side, I'm happy!"

"It's not like I don't want to... I'll just have to think more about it."

Xichen nodded. Soon the topic changed and finally it ended in the part where Jiang cheng prepared to leave.

"Wanyin, just one more night. I'll come with you to Yunmeng tomorrow too!"

Jiang cheng sighed, "You are not going anywhere. You stay here and take care of your clan. Alright?"

Xichen pouted and he looked at the Jiang with his pitiful eyes. "But wanyin... how can I be without you?"

Jaing cheng shook his head and left the Hanshi with the Lan pleading beside him.

Jiang cheng finally drew his sword and just before getting on, he looked at the pouting Lan and chuckled. He stood on his tippy toes and pecked the Lan's lips. "See you soon Lan Huan."

"But- but... we have to tell uncle and-"

"I already told everyone about my departure. Now then."

Jiang cheng hoped onto his sword and looked at the frowning Lan.