94. Defeated not the Defeater

Previously...

The two couple stood frozen, neither knowing the next phase of action.

Third Person POV

The two Lans immediately looked up when they heard a loud sound of a ringing bell. Shizhui quickly excused himself and carried his kitten with him but the hand holding him trembled terrorized by the thought of the purple whip shredding his skin.

Everyone looked at the couple who entered the Hall with complicated faces, worrying the other's of a big problem.

Jiang cheng sat all the way up to the front, opposite to the Lan who only looked at him.

His head was in a mess, he couldn't even say left from right. He nodded aimlessly to the dumb Sect leader of some small clan who tried to hold up a long talk.

Jiang cheng finally sighed in relief when the almighty Hanguang-jun sat down. It only took one look and everyone immediately recieved the message to start the meeting.

Different sects expressed their achievements and the problems they've been facing. By the time all their small matters were solved everyone was exhausted. Just then, disciples walked in with trays of food to boost then up.

But Lan clan did not serve or any sweets, not even the most diluted wine. All they got was green bitter tea and bland snacks.

To Jiang cheng's madness, Shizui greeted the little Jin beside him, boldly eye fucking him while he planned his murder. He thanked the disciples who served him his tea and coughed a little to shoo off that annoying bee.

Jiang cheng twirled the cup full of tea while he watched his nephew drink it through the bitterness just because it was given to him by that little Lan. He clicked his tongue and turned away just to meet eyes with the Jade... the second Jade.

It was only for a second but he felt so much rage that it made him blind almost. But he couldn't understand the reason for this sudden madness. He ignored him and turned away facing the kind Jade. Xichen smiled at him but he turned away showing his annoyance on the older instead of the younger brother.

His eyes finally landed on the Sect leaders who tried their best to secretly pour out all the tea. He took a sip of his tea and looked back at his nephew when someone called him.

"Sect leader Jiang! I heard you found your wife."

Jiang cheng was ready to glare him down but soon everyone started to talk about it. A few even offering their daughters as concubines.

Jiang cheng tried to deny it but the hall became too loud.

"Who knew you would have a lover, no wonder you rejected all the women *grandpa choking laugh*"

"I really want to know who that lucky lady is, Sect leader Jiang why don't you tell it infront of everyone here?"

"Yes yes, I want to know too!"

The loud Hall became quiet immediately when Jiang cheng placed his cup down.

"I do not know who has been spreading rumors about me but, to clear you all, I AM NOT IN ANY RELATIONSHIP." He loudly said.

Many murmors arose, breaking the Lan's principles. It took Lan wangji more than a look to quiet down the Hall. Jiang cheng silently watched his Lan who had a complicated look on his face.

Soon all the Sect leaders opened their mouth in shock as Jiang cheng gave a small brief on the snake-dragon monster. His love life faded away as the fight became the talk of the day. But just as he had expected a few Sect leaders talked down on him while praising the Lan for defeating that monster. While Jiang cheng didn't mind, Jinling was not having it. He slammed his table and glared down on that petty old man.

"If it wasn't for unc-Sect leader Jiang, that monster wouldn't even have been found and as someone who wasn't even present, how do you know what exactly happened? Unless you're just spewing nonsense!" He roared furiously. Jiang cheng tried to hold him down but he himself became more furious when he saw a pesky little Lan calm him down.

He couldn't hold it anymore and his whip lighted up like fireworks as he remembered how that little Lan held his nephew.

'How dare he!' He angrily grunted quietly. He was undergoing multiple emotions but he didn't show it on his face.

But unfortunately to the other's eyes, it seemed as though he was trying to threaten those who gossiped about him.

Before Jiang cheng could break his cold demeanor the second Jade to his surprise stopped the breakout of a potential fight. "The Yunmeng Jiang clan has defeated a dangerous evil with the help of Gusu Lan clan. It is not about the defeater but the defeated."

Complying to his words, everyone immediately turned to a new face, not wanting to get on the Lan's bad side. But Jiang cheng was too mad to listen to his surroundings.

When the Wangji looked at Jiang cheng, he was confused at his anger. His eyes traced the Jiang's and finally landed on the young Jin who stuffed his throat with bitter tea.

The meeting came to an awkward end where everyone just tried to please the Lan. Lan xichen and Jiang cheng walked opposite ways as they moved to their rooms.

Jiang cheng opened his door when a sudden movement pushed it close. He turned to look at the red robes man with a hand on his head as he leaned against the door in a hysterical pose.

"What do you want?"

The confident pose soon transformed into an insecure one as Wei wuxian put his hands down laughing to himself in embarrassment.

"Sect leader Jiang, there is a fireworks festival happening in Caiyi town. Do you want to... come along?.... Jinlign is also coming and Lan zhan! And a-yuan, jingyi, Zewu-jun and ... wen ning" though he whispered the last part, Jaing cheng still heard it. But that was not his concern.

He could only imagine how that pesky Lan would bully his Nephew without him. He looked at Wei wuxian, all fired up.

Jiang cheng, "Absolutely."

Author's note,
I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time. I have been really busy and lazy and brainless. I was stuck without an idea to continue. But since new year is very near, I chose to finish this soon. Advance happy New Year yall. Let's continue this in 2024!!!💛