51. Wrong room?

Previously...

He took in the beautiful development made by the new leader. Though the infrastructure was the same, it still looked completely different. He turned around when he saw the sect leader walk towards him.

Third Person POV

Nei Huisang, "Sect leader Jiang! you've finally come. It's an honor to have you here-"

"Save your words." Jiang cheng looked at Nei huisang, he is now almost as tall as him and similar to his late brother.

Nei Huisang, "Alright, let's go in shall we. I thought you'd never come. I'm really glade."

The two walked in, side to side. Though they don't visit each other or communicate often, the cultivation conference was enough for them to become closer. Though Jiang cheng hated two faced people, he found Huisang to be a better person than he had thought.

Nei Huisang led him to a guest room and left so he could rest after the long journey. Jiang cheng really liked the room. But he found Lotus Pier to be better. 

The room was large and wide. The bed was enough to fit four people. The room was lightly lit, enhancing the dark and strong aura it carried. Everything was in dirty gold and dark stone.

On the right side laid the bed with dusty gold sheets and on the left was a small study table and a tea table towards the center. Everything was spacious and clean. There was also a door on the right side. There were large windows, almost the size of the doors, covered by black curtains and dark wooden doors.  It was all like the darker version on Lanling Jin.

He walked to the bed and touched the soft sheets. Placing his bundle down, he decided to bath and rest up, forgetting about his nightmares. 

He walked to the door and almost gasped at the beauty of the bathing room.

A large stone pool laid, covered in lotus petals. There were golden candles nearby and an incense burner next to it. A shelf was placed on one side with robes and towels. There was even a jar of rice wine in it.

Jiang cheng almost couldn't believe his eyes. Was he led into the sect leader's room by mistake? He shook his head. How could the sect leader himself lead him to the wrong room.

After looking around for a while, he finally removed his robes and sank into the stone pool. Even the bathing room is big. The water was warm and fragrant. He felt all his muscles relax and sleep welcome him with a warm hug.

After a 2-hour long bath, he finally stepped out and changed into one of the robes and went to bed. The bed was even more welcoming than the pool. It was warm and bouncy.  His body sank into it, and he fell asleep immediately.

The Sun just started to rise when the man sat up panting. The screens were open and the thin fiber between the wooden windows did not hide the sun's rays. Another day, another nightmare, another day closer to demise.

Jiang cheng leaded back on the bed rest. His throat bobbed as he swallowed a lump of distress. He did not fear death in the beginning but now he couldn't think of how Jinling would be protected. A sect leader post is a glorious title, but it come with greater burden. How could a child like him, who hadn't experienced anything deal with all that.

He sighed and opened his eyes. Empty yet filled with emotion. He turned around to get out of the bed and jumped back 5 meters when he saw the demon/ immortal smile at him. The man sat on the nightstand, swirling an object in his fingers. The sun rays hit his pale face which contrasted his pink lips. 

"You have finally noticed me; I had a hard time being ignored you know." 

Jiang cheng cautiously stood up with the support of the wall. His eyes were deadly, his right hand was searching for his sword only to realize it's on the other side.

Qi Guan saw his roaming hands and extended his hand towards his side. The blade flew to him the next moment and landed into his tight grasp. Jiang cheng's mouth was agape. His head was filled with questions, how could someone summon his own sword? He stared at his sword with an unbelieving expression. 

Qi guan however chuckled at that and in a swift second stood in front of the Jiang. "You know that ring really hurts a lot. But it must've hurt you even more than me." Jiang cheng understood his words, but he had nothing to say. The man deserved it.

"Not responding? Fine, you don't have to... I'll make you."

Jiang cheng suddenly felt very intimidated, he took a step back but there was only the wall behind him. From the side he saw the door to the bathing room. He was about to leap away from the man, but he was too late. A hand was placed on both sides trapping him. His eyes darted everywhere, trying to find a way out but the man's sinister laughter diverted his attention.

"I have been going very easy on you. If it was someone else, I would've already eaten their soul and taken their body."

Jiang cheng furrowed his eyebrows. He did not have time to question anything as a hand tightly wrapped around his waist and pushed him to the bed. Jiang cheng's ring was flickering brightly. He did not wish to use it on the demon, but he had no choice. He'd rather die than let the demon live.

Jiang cheng only blinked once but two hands had already placed itself on either side of him. He tried to push them away, but the man was way too strong, and his weak body couldn't even move an inch of it.

His face was suddenly forced to face the front. Two faces looked at each other. The distance was very close but, in their eyes, they were very far apart. Jiang cheng looked at him with anger. The hand holding his jaw tightly only tightened at his furious gaze.

"What... are you... do-ing." Though his words hardly came out the other heard is very well. "You're finally talking."

In a second, they went back to their initial position on the wall. Like he was never pushed onto the bed. The man smiled, a snake like smile. Jiang cheng slightly shuddered but he did not show it. He glared at the other, waiting for him to say something.

"Jiang Lian was just like you... Pathetic."

"What? who is-"

Before he could say anything, the man grabbed pressed his knee in between Jiang cheng's legs, trying to awaken something. Jiang cheng's face shifted between a shade of green and red. 

He immediately gathered a huge amount of spiritual energy and blasted it on the other's chest. But it all went inside the other. Qi guan then took a step back and dark fog surrounded his feet. "Thank you for the meal~" The fog completely covered him, and he vanished in a second.