65. Remember

Previously...

It was only a few minutes in the sky when Lan xichen turned around and went towards Yunmeng Jiang. Lan wangji tried to protest but his husband used his sneaky tricks and convinced him to follow the older Lan who neither told nor listened to anyone.

Third Person POV 

Yunmeng Jiang was covered by dark clouds even though the sky had a beautiful shade of pink over it. The people look up at the three cultivators who flew past them like shooting stars. 

When they arrived at the Pier's gate, the guards were a little reluctant to let them in, mostly because of the couple. But in the end, they opened the gates with wide arms and led them to the main hall. 

The couple sat behind the older Jade, as the grey eyes with a little redness looked around curiously. He never really had the chance to look at the newly built Lotus Pier the last time he visited.

The clan which he expected to be loud and noisy was quiet, much more than Gusu Lan. 

Loud steps harshly slapped against the wood followed by gentle steps which sounded from behind. The doors opened, revealing a man with his usual bun and his firm shoulders lifted high up along with his robes that flew in the wind. 

His face was as sour as ever and his lips were downturned just like before, but yet still it felt different.

The moment Jiang cheng saw the couple, he felt like he ate salt. He walked into the room and sat in his leader seat, awaiting their empty words. But Wei wuxian couldn't utter a word. His breath was caught in his lungs as he looked at the other completely fine.

Lan xichen bowed, greeting the other with his gentle voice. His eyes were glued to the man in front of him.

Wei wuxian regained his senses and greeted the other awkwardly.

"Why are you all here?"

Wei wuxian's mind which was filled with scenes of his injured brother made him burst out. He walked forward with his eyes glaring at his once brother.

"Jiang cheng! How can you ask such a thing after all that. Do you know how worried we were?"

The Jiang sighed and stood up. He clasped his hands together and bowed to them, taking them by surprise. 

"I apologize for stabbing you with my sword."

His words rippled like honey and burned like fire. He straightened his back and look at them bored. "Now that I have apologized, will you leave me alone?"

Wei wuxian was awe struck. His mind couldn't understand how the man who almost died in his hands is talking like nothing ever happened.

Jiang cheng looked at the Lan who was silent the entire time. His head stung him like a bee making him lightly dizzy. He glanced at Hui zhong who immediately led the three outside. 

Wei wuxian was still in a dilemma while the Second Jade was relieved, he didn't have to see the face of the man who bullied his husband at his weakest.

Lan xichen however was trying to find something different.

Jiang cheng followed behind them, to see them out. He kept staring at Lan xichen trying to understand why his head pinched him every time he looked at him.

Just as Jiang cheng was about to wave them off, Lan xichen rushed to him, grasping his hands into his warm hold and looking at the other.

Jiang cheng looked at the other a little surprised even though they already held hands just a week or two ago when he went to Caiyi town.

Lan xichen leaned in closer and looked into the others eye, making him uncomfortable.

Jiang cheng slowly withdrew his hands and glared at the jade.

"What are you doing?"

"You don't remember?"

"Remember what?"

"You don't remember."

The Lans words rang through his ears, clicking in his head making it hurt.

Lan wangji looked at his brother who covered the Jiang with his body. He wanted to call for him but something stopped him. He did not have time to process it when the sky broke into a loud roar, expelling lightning and covering the sky with its darkness.

Jiang cheng wanted to look at the sky but the Lan held his face. 

"Wanyin, do you remember Qi Guan, The immortal demon?"

Jiang cheng's eyes widened but lowered to normal, "Who is that?"

The people placed pots outside awaiting the rain but not even a drop fell.

They came out from their houses and looked at the dark sky which looked like it held buckets of water. They suddenly felt shivers down their spin as their unconsciously looked towards Lotus Pier.

A bright lightning roared down from the sky and dropped onto the ground, separating the couple and their siblings.

The white bright light slowly darkened revealing a pale white man. His white robes made the aura around him even darker. His long black hair which was in a ponytail swayed with golden streaks as he walked forward.

 His thin lips curved into a smile as he looked at them.

"We meet again."

His white robes which had a golden snake became purple like his eyes which stared at the couple in front of him.

In a quick moment the three were stuck between dark fog when a purple spark exploded creating tiny dust.

The clouds darkened even further, and the mist slowly disappeared. 

Jiang cheng stood still, his eyes unfocused while a white snake curled around him.