26. Switch

Previously...

Jiang cheng waited for 2hrs when patience finally left his body. At the same time his ring sparkled brightly, indicating demonic spirit. The trees swayed intensely, as the air became thick. He unleashed Zidian as the dark aura thickened.

Third Person POV

But the sparks vanished as a loud dark spark appeared and left. The three screamed in pain and spat blood. The three fell down completely exhausted. Jiang cheng was left dumbfound, he nudged them with his sword but received no response other than a 'ahlddvfr'. He tried to nudge them again which did help a little. After a long while of nudging them, they finally got enough strength to sit up. Though one of them was still dead tired.

Jiang cheng still wanted answers and asked them, "Did it work?" The two looked at him, if they had a chance to kill him, they would. "Sect leader Jiang, your master was so mad he gave us a qi deviation what more do you want." Jiang cheng looked a bit taken aback but soon recovered and glared at them. "What do you mean it didn't work!" 

The two immediately bowed frightened to death. "Mercy, mercy! To transfer a spirit to another body, the new host must be better than the present. Since that... insect, is not any greater than the boy, the spirit will not change its host."

Jiang cheng understood their reasons, he himself wouldn't have believed it if the spirit had entered an insect's body. After feeling the spirits strong dark aura, his stomach turned with fear. Jinling, he must be suffering the demon's torture. He could feel his head spin as all the voices in his head spat at him, blaming him and swearing at him. He could hear his sister's disappointed voice ring through the whole of his head. He wanted to disagree, but he also knew it was all his fault.

His sword was sheathed back as he looked at the two in front of him. "Then, transfer it to my body." The two almost pulled their ears out when they heard him. Who in their right mind will give themselves as a host. They first thought he was joking and awkwardly laughed. But it soon died down when he sat on the ground. "Do it." It was clear and ridged.

The one on the ground slowly woke up. The two filling him up on the recent order. The man almost went to coma but smirked. If his master gets a better body, it's only going to benefit them. He quickly agreed and pulled the other two into doing the host switch.

Jiang cheng, though quiet, heard and understood their motive very clearly. But he was no fool to go for his demise. He hid his ring deep in his palm. If zidian feels the dark aura it will definitely eliminate it. And even if that did not happen, he would still be able to eliminate it with other methods. Dark spirits are nothing new to him.

After a discussion, the three joined hands and did the formation again only this time their faces were filled with joy.

Jiang cheng laughed at it internally but kept a calm composure on the outside. Soon he felt his body feel denser than gold. His breathing was ragged, and his blood was burning hot, so hot that it felt cold. His head was ringing even worse than before. Every time he breathed in, he felt like he was drowning in an endless sea. With his pulse faster than the ill, he felt like his demise was only a step ahead. Zidian sparkled widely inside his hold. Trying to break free and stop the dark aura. The once bright sparkles started to hurt him, like a thousand needles piercing him at a moment. The dark spirit must have already accepted him as his host.

In Lotus Pier,

The guards greeted their head disciple as he walked in. But He had no time to greet back as he rushed to see his master. But to his disappointment, his master was not in the study room. But that's good too, it means he is finally caring for his health and going to sleep soon. He hesitantly knocked on the door to his master's chamber. After waiting for a while, he opened the door to take a quick peek. But all he saw was an empty room. He went out to ask the other disciples but no one had a clue. 

He sighed and sat on a stone step when the head maid saw him. "What are you doing here? Where is young master Jin?" The disciple stood up and held both her hands together. "Please tell me you saw Sect leader Jiang." The maid nodded awkwardly and withdrew her hands. "He went towards east very hurriedly." She only blinked once but the boy in front of her seemed to disappear in an instant.

The disciple looked at each and every corner of the forest up ahead. As he moved forward in the cold night and creepy winds, he felt something on his shoulder. He slowly turned his head as he gripped his sword tightly. When the wind blew faster, he unsheathed his sword and sliced whatever was touching him. But it was just a white cloth. He sighed and continued forward. Soon a thought interrupted his search. "Why is there a white cloth in the middle of the forest?" He dashed back to find the white cloth laying in the same place it was before. He looked up to see more cloths hung on the tree's branches, but they were also in black.

 He scanned the place, but he couldn't see much in the darkness. He was supposed to return before the sunset but it's past midnight. He walked around to the other side of the tree. After struggling to see, he finally used a talisman to light the area. But he almost lost his soul when he found a monstrous scribble on a large rock. He looked at it a little more until the candle in his head light up. "It was a demonic formation!" He shuddered at the thought and looked if he could find anything more useful. 

He finally got tired and sat under the tree. But he felt as if something was trying to shoo him away, so he turned to the tree and tried to see if there was any spell cast on it. To his surprise there was a weakly cast barrier at the end of the tree. Pulling his sleeves up, he cast multiple light talismans to brighten the area. With the bright light revealing all of the tree, he found a hold by the end of the tree. He started to dig the area with the scabbard. After a point of digging, he felt his energy being drained. 'It must be because of that barrier.' 

He easily broke it with a little energy and continued digging. He soon found something covered by leaves which did not belong to the mortal realm. It was black yet shone green. He took a dagger from his pocket and cut through the leaf. He was quite relieved that this leaf though was not from this realm, had the same feature of a normal leaf. After cutting the leaf, he started removing all the layers wrapped around it. 

Hui zhong, "Isn't this..."