81. Vinegar

Previously...

Jiang cheng's eyes darkened as he looked at his nephew's lowered head. It did not take long for him to figure out the side story. His eyes narrowed as his eyebrows met. This snitchy part was definitely from that peacock.

Third Person POV 

Jiang cheng was about to go and twist his nephew's ears when Lan Xichen blocked his path and stood right in front of. Jiang cheng moved to the side but the lan continued to block him. He finally got tired of him and turned around towards his disciples, only to find them giggling with that damn Wei wuxian.

He was so mad he could whip an entire city off, but he tried his best to calm down. "Hui zhong we are leaving, now." He took a few steps to his horse when his hand was caught by the Lan. At this point, he could identify Xichen just by his sandalwood scent. He pulled his hand back but that lan grip was so tight yet gentle at the same time.

Jiang cheng turned around and glared at the Lan, "Sect leader Lan, what are you doing?" he asked with a calm voice which still couldn't hide the annoyance.

"Sect leader Jiang, we're just here to help you. We won't be a hindrance in your journey." Jiang cheng was about to refuse when his head disciple whispered in his ear. "Sect leader Jiang, wouldn't it be better to have the Lan clan join us. Once we catch the Jiahao disciples with them, it would be easier to explain in the cultivation conference too. "

Jiang cheng thought for a while and nodded. "Then, I thank Sect leader Lan for his help." he said hesitantly. The grip around his wrist loosened and he walked to his horse. 

All the Jiang disciples got on their horses and waited for their sect leader's command but Wei wuxian popped in front of them. He sighed dramatically and whinnied, "It's so hard to fly nowadays, people get injured so easily, if only I could get a horse too."

The disciples wanted to let him ride their horse, but they did not move an inch as they had an idea that Jiang cheng does not like this man. "Young master Wei, how is flying hard. Isn't it very easy since the Lan clan help you." Hui zhong asked with his outmost sincerity. 

"It is true Sect leader Jiang, even now, a few hours ago, we were attacked by hunters. A bow almost pierced my eyes, 10 times. I must say that hunter must have a really sharp eye." Lan Xichen took out 10 arrows out from his sleeves and showed it to Jiang cheng to prove his point. 

The moment Jiang cheng saw it, he was not sure if he should praise his sharp eye or plead for forgiveness. He grabbed the arrows and Hui zhong took it. "Since it's so dangerous, lending you our horses shouldn't be a problem."

Half the disciples got down from their horse and climbed onto the other's horse allowing the Lan disciples to use them. Jiang cheng was about to call Jinling but that lad had already got on a horse with another Lan boy. He wasn't sure but he found him somewhat familiar. 

He looked around to see everyone mounted on a horse with two or three disciples together. He turned to the side when he felt something clutch his feet. Lan xichen stood with a smile on one side and Wei wuxian on the other, waiting for him. He turned back and looked for the stone face, but he was surprising not anywhere.

He got a glimpse of Hui zhong who sat alone with a lot of bundles. He got off the horse and climbed onto his disciple's horse. He was under no circumstances staying close to the two people he wanted to avoid the most.

Lan xichen and Wei wuxian looked at each other with disappointment in their eyes, Wei wuxian walked back as Lan xichen mounted the horse. It was a majestic black horse, contrasting his white robes. Jiang cheng watched Wei wuxian jump onto a horse and suddenly the stone face appeared, sitting behind Wei wuxian and comforting him.

Jiang cheng turned back around and took the reins and kicked the horse as it took off with a loud sound. Everyone followed behind, along with the two other people who were eating vinegar behind him.

Hui zhong tightly held onto Jiang cheng without having anything to hold onto. He felt very uncomfortable with the two glares on his back. He did not have to turn back to see who it was. Their plan was easy to guess. But he just couldn't understand why his back being threatened.  

The bright yellow sun turned red when they finally reached their destination. They just had to wait for the Jiahao people to come. Jiang cheng sat next to Hui zhong, trying to avoid the other two who took all the opportunity to talk to him.

He sighed tired and leaned on Hui Zhong's shoulder, but it did not last long as he did not want to spoil his strong facade.

All of them hid behind bushes, trees and rocks while the Lans used some weird hiding technique. The sky turned into a beautiful purple ombre, and the sun's peak could only be seen. The round white moon, slightly visible stayed on the opposite end and waited of the blue sky. 

They waited for the Jiahao people when suddenly a black monster flew down from the sky with a terrifying roar. Its black scales shined under the sun rays and its eyes moved around violently, looking for something.