18. Unfamiliar

Previously...

Lan xichen, "Today is the last day, let's go together. Call it compensation for making me wait here for 2 days."

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng hesitantly agreed, which made xichen worry if he's pressuring him too much. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. But no one will know since jiang cheng will never tell. Before he knew it, Lan xichen stood next to him offering a hand to stand up. He accepted it and stood up, thinking nothing of it. But little did he know, the jade was not offering him a hand, he was just showing the tassel he received on their previous encounter.

The jade started to take all simple action into something really meaningful. On the other hand, the lotus found it weird how xichen kept staring at him. They walked out, heading towards the training grounds. Xichen was amazed by every little thing that happened. He was floating in the feeling of Nostalgia. Jiang cheng however was annoyed at how the jade would be amazed at every silly thing. 

Once they reached the training grounds, the disciples greeted them. Jiang cheng walked forward and started shouting and guiding them. On the large training ground, the trainings were divided into 5 parts. On the left side it was all about swords and spears. On the right, it was all about archery and physical fight. On the middle stood all the newbies, who were trembling with fear. 

Lan xichen was completely amazed by the new style of training. He just stood in a corner, watching the sect leader teach his disciples. The training started with a round of lecture then came the wave of threats and they finally started training. The lotus was actively helping the disciples. Correcting their posture, their movement and what not.

Eventually by the time they were done, Jiang cheng was drenched in sweat. Lan xichen walked towards him but before he could say anything the other disciples bet him to it.

Lao Shin, "Um...sect leader Jiang...could you... would you-" Before he could finish a loud roar made him tremble, "Stop Stuttering and just tell me." The poor disciple finally gathered all his strength and courage, he closed his eyes and shouted everything, "Sect leader Jiang, would you like to come to the commencing spring festival." 

The entire ground went silent, the courage that boy had. All the disciples started to wish him well. Hopefully the zidian won't hurt as much. The said person however sighed, "Fine..." This left the entire ground silent once again. This time they were all shocked, then surprised, finally they started cheering and thanking that disciple.

Jiang cheng just found it hilarious. Nothing special is going to happen, me presence is only going to bring the festive spirit down. 

Lan xichen finally had the chance to talk but this time he was interrupted by the lotus. "Let's talk somewhere else." But before they could leave, a different disciple came forward, "Sect leader Lan, you should also come to the festival. We have a different way of celebrating here." Soon encouraging voices erupted within the disciples.

Lan xichen smiled, "If Sect leader Jiang says to, I will never refuse." Soon all the eyes fell on Jiang cheng. He just glared at him but still said, "Then I invite sect leader Lan to the Yunmeng Commencing spring festival." The jade who was very pleased accepted it and the noise just grew more.

The two sect leaders left to go to the study room. Jiang cheng wanted to know about the monster and the forgotten history. Once they took a seat, he coughed and started, "So... since we are friends... never mind."

Lan Xichen, "No, do ask. You don't have to refrain from asking me. Anything." Jiang cheng really wanted to ask him but he held it in. He must have no idea that he (Jiang cheng) knew about that incident. But he did not want the jade to be suspicious about it so he tried to make up the best lie he could, "I... wanted to... ask you... to get me emperor's smile. It has been a really long time since I last had a taste of it. After all it was one of the best wines."

Lan xichen was surprised at first but soon smiled, "Of course, I will surely bring it the next time I come here." Soon the topic changed directions and they started talking about politics which was mostly Jiang cheng filling up all the things the jade missed.

By the time they finished chatting it was already lunch time. They entered the dining room which was filled with all the Yunmeng delicacies to amuse the Lan. They took a seat and started to eat. It was really quite as if they were being controlled by. Lan xichen, though the food was made less spicy just for him, he couldn't help but feel his tongue burn. But he held his cries and ate it. Jiang cheng was eating just fine until he saw the Lotus root rib soup that was placed on the table. 

He really loved it, it was his favorite dish, yet, after all the dreams that he has been getting, it reminded him of it. He was trying his best to not think of anything bad, but no matter what he would eventually start think about a brat that hadn't visited him, which soon led him to think about his sister and then flashes of his dreams appeared. So rather than diverting his thoughts, he started counting the number of rice in his meal.

After finishing that uncomfortable meal, they parted towards their room to get ready to go out into the busy Yunmeng streets. Jiang cheng laid on the bed, looking at the roof. After some time, he got up and walked towards the study table, hoping to finish a little work. When he took a few papers from the nightstand, a tassel fell down causing an echo in the room. He picked it up and looked it through and placed it in one of his pockets. 

Lan xichen, who was also in his given room, paced back and forth. He felt a really unfamiliar feeling in the pit of his stomach. It was annoying him almost all the time. He had no idea why or what it was. It made him feel very uncomfortable and he did not like it. Usually, his brother would tell him right away, but he is not here to solve his problem. After some meditating, he finally made up his mind to ignore it.

He hoped it wouldn't grow into a bigger discomfort and trouble him further. With that thought, he exited his room. Heading towards the entrance where they agreed to meet, he walked across a lot of disciples who were going in the same direction. 

Disciple, "You don't understand, it was really huge. It took 20 people to clean up, and that place was completely covered in black stuff." Since eavesdropping is forbidden in Gusu, he ignored it and continued walking. "I heard the Lan disciples came to check that thing." When he heard the 'Lan' curiosity opened his ears. The jade had an idea, but it was considered as bad according to his clan rules. But what could he do, curiosity killed the cat. In this case, curiosity killed his rules.

He slowly approached them from behind, with a smile on his face. "A black thing?" he asked as if he was a part of the conversation. At first the disciples were startled but after recognizing the sect leader, their once up guard went down. After all what would the kind jade do?