3. Incompetent

Previously...

But now he understood that his uncle is the worst person ever.

Jiang Cheng POV

I kept walking, but the path never ended most probably cause this place is far from Yunmeng. But I finally did it. Apart from the fact that I reached Yunmeng, the orangish rays of light hitting me made me feel better. Who knew stalking a bunch of brats would take more than 6 hours.

I finally entered Lotus Pier and went straight to bed. At this time, the only thing I could think of was sleep, but sadly my brain had other plans. The only thing I was able to achieve was process everything that happened.

That weird feeling of being abandoned flooded my brain. They say I am a heartless person but why does it hurt so much. It's again all my fault. But I just wanted to protect my brother, just like I did that day. But I only hurt him. Maybe if I pulled him instead of shielding him, he would be alright.

I touched my cheeks, feeling 'tears' flow down my face.

So useless.

I kept weeping till I heard a knock on the door, that's when I realized that it's way past my wake-up time. I quickly wiped my tears and shouted a "what is it?" 

"Sect leader Jiang, breakfast is ready..." it must be my right-hand man, Hui Zhong. 

"Alright, you may leave." I heard footsteps receding away from my room. I stood up and dressed myself presentable.

After some time...

Third Person POV

Jiang cheng  was in his study trying to focus only on finding information about the monster that attacked him and made sure to shut his memory close. Even if he slightly lets himself loose, he would start thinking about all the words that was thrown his words. He never really bothered with what others thought about him but this time, something was itching him.

He started his investigation starting with the fragments he collected the day before. His right-hand man helped him go through all the books they had. After a few hours of going through all of them, they came to a conclusion that in must be an extinct creature or it does not even belong to this region.

Seeing that it was almost past noon, he ate his breakfast and took a few disciples with him to investigate the scene.

When they reached their destination, they were surprised to find that the dead monster was clouded by dark fog. They started to cleanse the area, clearing out the fog and investigating about the monster through people who lived nearby.

After a few hours, they collected enough information and by their sect leaders orders they started clearing the area and disposing the monster, which took 2 hours more.

After reaching Yunmeng by late midnight, Jiang cheng started making his conclusions from the information they gathered.

Huizhong, "Sect leader, we came back very late, and it is going to be morning soon. You should take some rest." 

"I will, you should go rest." with a heavy sigh, the head disciple went to take rest just as his master ordered. But what could his master do, closing his eyes would only bring memories he wished he never had.

Jiang Cheng POV 

I opened my eyes to find myself surrounded by darkness, where am I? I was supposed to be reviewing the monster's whereabouts, when did I get here?

A-cheng.......you.... anything, "Who are you?" I heard a soft murmur which I could quite catch. I am alone in this space, where is that voice even coming from? "Hello?" A light appeared in front of me. Suddenly I felt the light coming towards me and I started running away from it. I mean, what if the light is evil, you never know.