92. A Secret Lover

Previously...

He did not hold back since they were near the hanshi and no one would come to see him at this time.

If he only knew that a pair of baffled eyes looked at them from a distance.

Third Person POV

Their chest heaved as they moved away. Jiang cheng felt like he was under a spell, a spell that made him feel more honest.

Being under the bight moonlight, alone in the chilly night, seeking warmth from each other, he felt like he could live in just this moment forever as long as it was this Lan who is going to accompany him.

"Xichen... maybe I li-"

The said man covered his lips and pulled him inside quickly. Jiang cheng did not have time to react and the moment he realized, he was already inside the Hanshi.

His mouth was tightly covered by that Jade hand while the other supported the wall.

They stood still for a while before Xichen withdrew back. Jiang cheng silently followed the man as they sat around a table.

"... may I ask what happened?"

"My apologies for startling you, I just felt as if someone was outside, watching."

Those few words suddenly brought the Jiang back to reality. The reality where they are both Sect leaders with Sect duties. And the reality where they are supposed to marry a woman.

Jiang cheng was stuck in a dilemma. What is he to do now?

"...yin!"
"Wanyin!"

Jiang cheng immediately looked up at the Lan, his eyes reflecting his heart.

"Are you alright? You are sweating a lot"

Jiang cheng nodded, his voice nowhere found. But soon his movements came to a stop when the Lan kneeled next to him while checking his temperature and pulse. But what actually bothered him was the skin contact. Every touch reminded him of a night together and soon followed the realization of his mistakes.

Lan xichen however seemed to understand his thoughts as he took his hands gently placed soft kisses all around.

Jiang cheng felt as though he was loosing himself. He thought ' Aren't I supposed to get mad, so why am I fine with all ... this?'

But all his thoughts came to a stop when the Lan but his hand, looking at him with loving eyes.

"Wanyin, don't think of anything.... just think of... me"

Jiang cheng couldn't help by comply. Before he knew it, his arms where already wrapped around the Lan and even more, he sat on the Lan's lap, both on the cold dark floor contrary to their burning hearts.

Staring into each other's eyes, with their face inching closer, Jiang cheng slowly closed his eyes waiting for the warm lips to press into his. He kept waiting and waiting and eventually opening his eyes to look at the purple eyes. A frown came upon his face as he hit the Lan's shoulder while he laughed.

"S-stop laughing!" He cried, and eventually joining in the laughter. Maybe he could try to risk it...maybe.

Night became morning and the two unofficial couples parted at the peak of dawn.

While Jiang cheng flew away with a big smile on his face, another with a frown pondered deeply. What he saw answered many of his questions but it also arose many other questions.

His eyes had dark circles underneath but he did not feel tired, atleast not after seeing his peaceful bunny.

-

When Jiang cheng reached Lotus Pier with a lightened face, and  it caught everyone's attention. The Sect leader who never smiles, the one who is known for is frown is now smiling?

Words spread fast and many proclaimed various theories to this sudden change. And many of them spread far and wide reaching the ears of the young Sect leader who walked by the disciples quarters in Gusu.

Jinling, "Hey, what did you say about my uncle?" He asked, the two disciples immediately ran away but little did they know, that small tiger ain't docile.

Murmurs erupted as they disciples saw the young Jin chase after another Lan.

Jinling's legs were faster than anything and his clothes were ready to fly off. He ran with his only target being those two twigs who dared to say somthing about his uncle.

The two suddenly took a sharp turn and Jinling was not able to control his speed, he slid to the side and fell to the ground with a loud thud. He blinked a few times dumbfound, "Why am I not feeling any pain?"

A soft hand suddenly caressed his face, "Are you alright young master Jin?"

Jinling quickly sat up as he stared at the Lan before him.

"I-I- I was chasing those two and I-I I fell by mistake, I did not want to I just..."

"If your done then maybe you can stop riding him" Wei wuxian said, and to his worst nightmare, both the Jades and the Grandmaster Lan stood together.

He could already see himself writing all the rules 50,000 times and having his ass wooped by his uncle.

"Young master Jin, may I ask why you were chasing after 'those two'?"

Jinling then remembered his target, he swiftly stood up and just as he was about to chase them a firm hand held him back.

A cold voice emerged, "young master Jin, copy the rules 100 more times."

Jinling froze, a sudden anger surged through him, "No! Why should I write, those two were the ones talking bad about my jiujiu, isn't it a rule to not gossip? How come you don't punish them, you're obviously showing partiality, isn't there another rule to not show partiality! Instead of me you should be the one to write it 50,000 times you are only acting like this cause you hate my Jiujiu. YOU'RE ALL DUMB. My jiujiu is thr best aghhhjj!"

Jinling took heavy breaths as he slowly calmed down from his breakdown. Soon he felt the cold eyes of the stone face. 'I'm so dead' he thought, but just as the second Jade was about to end his life, Zewu-jun interrupted.

"May I know what you mean by gossiping?" Jinling felt the anger and fear be replaced by happiness, finally someone's is going to avenge him.

Jinling stood tall and proud infornt of the two disciples who stood ready to be punished. Wei wuxian asked again, "What did you two gossip about?" But no answer was heard. The two kept their heads down, but they could still feel two deadly glares at them.

Lan qiren demanded, "What did you two talk about!"

Just as he was about the tell the Lan disciples to start the beating, one of them spoke up.

"I'll tell, I'll tell... it's just... it's been going around that... Sect leader Jiang... he- he... has a secret lover."

Lan qiren sighed, "That's it?" While Lan wangji's eyes went straight to his brother, Wei wuxian screamed, "WHAT!"

Jinling was utterly confused, he could swear on his life that his uncle would drown to death than fall in love. Murmurs erupted as everyone shared their thoughts.

While everyone was shocked, Lan wangji saw a small smile on his brother's lips. His eyes widened as he turned pale.