5. Sworn Brothers

Previously...

Once I reached the entrance I went through the forest and finally exited. After a few minutes of walking, I reached Caiyi town. It was as lively as it will ever be. I should find that restaurant soon.

Lan Xichen's POV

I should have asked them the location of the restaurant, now I'm just lost. I have been searching for that restaurant long enough for the sun to start setting. As I was looking around someone bumped into me. I turned my head towards them only to hear a short gasp from them. It's... Sect leader Jiang? Oh no, did he recognize me? If I act indifferent, he wouldn't know right?

"Greetings, young cultivator. Do you know the way to the newly open restaurant?" I spoke in a very casual manner, different from how I usually talk. He would definitely not know it's me.

Jiang cheng, "Y-yes... This way Sec- ahem... traveler." He did not notice. I knew it. This is the best disguise ever.

We walked towards the new restaurant with me following Sect leader Jiang. 

When we reached the restaurant, I could smell all the delicacies from the entrance. I was about to bind my farewell with Sect leader Jiang when I heard his stomach rumble, he must be very tired.

Jiang cheng, "N-now then, have a nice meal."

Lan xichen, "Why don't we eat together, think of it as a 'thank you' meal."

Jiang cheng, "I- *Stomach grumbles*... Sure." 

Now that I think about it, there are no disciples around him. Did he come alone on his sword. No wonder he is hungry. It must have been a really tiring journey.

We entered the restaurant together and sat down in a private space. The place was really beautiful. With red and gold curtains and dark oak table contrasting the brightly lit room. It was all grand not to forget the red and yellow flowers elegantly placed.

I ordered the least spicy vegetable soup and sect leader Jiang ordered a Sichuan Beef soup.

While we were waiting, I felt like I had to start a conversation, but it's been months since I spoke with someone. Gathering my courage, I started a small conversation.

"Ahem, so how was your day cultivator?"

Jiang cheng, "A-it was a nice day. Might I ask what you are doing here... Traveler."

"I heard there is a new restaurant opening so I wanted to take a look. It was really suffocating in my room- I meant in the inn room."

Waiter, "Here's your food, young masters." The waiter placed the food, and we thanked him after which he left. They looked really good. As I was about to take the spoon, I realized that I am wearing a veil. Oh no. How do I eat? Should I tell him that I'm sick? But lying is forbidden. I was contemplating with myself until sect leader Jiang noticed my hesitation.

Jiang cheng, "Actually, I... know your real identity...s-so, you can take off your hat, Sect leader Lan."

Lan xichen, "What!" I stared at him with widened eyes.

Lan xichen, "How were you able to...?" I mean, looking at my outfit it's obvious it's not me.

Jiang cheng, "It's actually pretty obvious, your voice and your way of speech, it's all the same. And you give off the same aura."

Lan xichen, "Well, I tried my best..." I looked down feeling awkward and started to fidget with my fingers.

Jiang cheng, "We should start eating before the food gets cold."