JunHao -> Shadow

Jun and Minghao have been friends for some time now, but one question keeps coming up between the two of them : love. Of course, when you're friends with someone, you want to know as much as possible about them, without invading their privacy. But love, just asking if your friend has someone in his life isn't too much, is it ? That's why Jun asks his best friend all the time, except that he plays deaf, dodges the subject and moves on to another question. At first, the older boy didn't think it was that important, but today, Valentine's Day, he's dying to know the answer.

So he asks his youngest's to go for a walk with him in the forest next to his house, where they'll at least have some peace and quiet, and that's how, in the middle of the afternoon, the two boys find each other.

" Is it funny that you're accepted straight away you don't have anyone to spend Valentine's Day with ? " Jun asks.

" Oh, the weather's nice, don't you think, and the birds are singing. It's very pleasant, don't you think ? "

The eldest sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, then resumes his walk to catch up with his youngest, who has run away. Once he reaches his friend, the eldest grabs the youngest's arm to stop him.

" Can you stop doing that ? I can't stand it. "

" What do I do ? "

" Stop taking me for a fucking fool, talk to me what's wrong with love? Did you have a bad breakup? Do you miss your ex ? "

" But you're going to stop, yes! Leave me alone with this, why does it matter so much to you seriously ? What about you ? "

" What about me ? "

" Love, since you want to talk about it, let's talk about it."

" I'm single."

" Me too, that's fine. Story closed ? "

The tone used by the younger man is filled with bitterness and disgust, the elder really doesn't understand why this subject irritates his younger self so much, but for the moment he doesn't feel like looking any further.

> A few days later <

The two friends are together in their establishment, but Jun seems to be alone with himself. His younger brother seems to have become a shadow of his former self, no longer speaking, eating very little and not drinking a drop of water at the table. This is really starting to annoy the elder, who is trying his best to get his youngest to smile, react and talk, but to no avail: all his efforts are in vain, as his friend categorically refuses to talk.

> After an hour and a half of lessons <

At the end of this interminable hour, Jun decides to confront his cadet once and for all, because this situation is unbearable, it can't go on, it's hurting them both. Jun is sure that Minghao also feels this pang in his heart when they're apart and not talking to each other. So it's time to talk, and at recess the eldest picks up his youngest and takes him straight to the roof of the school, where they'll be left to their own devices.

" Are you going to tell me what's wrong ? You've been like this for a few days, like a shadow."

" I'm sorry, sorry for wanting to live in the shadows when you're a light. I'm sorry for being your shadow. "

The elder is completely stunned by this sudden revelation, then he begins to think, and in his head only one conclusion is possible.

" Do you love someone one-sidedly ? "

" But do you do it on purpose or what? Why are you so blind? I know you and me are impossible, but don't rub it in like that ! It hurts, please hyung. "

To say that the eldest was shocked would be a lie, his brain was completely disconnected from reality. So she has the reason why her youngest was fleeing the subject like the plague, it's because he loves her, and he didn't notice anything at the time he felt really stupid, as stupid as a suitcase without a wrist, that's to say.

Without really understanding why he comes gently to hug his youngest, the latter does absolutely nothing in return because he doesn't know how to react, his eldest probably hugs him to say he's sorry he doesn't love him like that, he must simply see him as a little brother. Yes, that's probably it.

And yet, after a few seconds of cuddling, the eldest steps back and takes his youngest's chin between his slender fingers, their eyes catch and, as if drawn to each other, the two boys move closer together, their eyes close and their lips come to discover each other in infinite softness and slowness. Minghao really doesn't understand, but he's enjoying the moment his eldest is offering him - it may only happen once.
After several seconds of kissing like this, the elder steps back and lovingly contemplates every inch of his younger son's face.

" The reason I was so interested in your love life was because I was afraid you'd tell me you had someone." Jun says with a gentle smile on his lips.

" You..."

" Yes I have feelings for you, but I never had the courage to tell you, I thought you were straight."

"Since the beginning I've only seen through you, because you're my light in my dark life."

" Are you going to stop being a shadow of yourself now ? "

" Make me shine like the most beautiful light and maybe finally I'll stop being just a shadow. "

Following these two magnificent little phrases, the two boys promise each other body and soul that from now on they'll only live on the side of the light, the shadow must totally disappear, and from now on as they're together this shadow has totally disappeared leaving only brilliant smiles in its place.

<3-------------<The end>------------<3