ChanCheol -> Soldier

Seungcheol is a soldier, and now it's time for him to defend his land once again. He looks out of his window and sees the wind blowing across the plains of his town, he sighs and sees the blacksmith's son coming to fetch him.

He sighs as he looks at his house one last time before following the young man, on the way he sees many soldiers joining them, Seungcheol starts to get scared little by little, this land is their ancestors who fought for it and from now on it's up to him and his comrades to defend it, the pressure is on because it's a heritage he really cares about.

The blacksmith's son has taken them to a bunker, where they are safe and can prepare their attacks as best they can. Surprisingly, the blacksmith's son stays with them, not to fight of course, but to give them food, drink and ammunition.

As the soldiers leave one by one, the blacksmith's son holds onto Seungcheol and shows him something. The soldier frowns and analyzes the young boy's request, and when he understands it, he really thinks the black-haired boy is full of intelligence.

" What's your name ? "

"My name is Chan, soldier Choi."

" Well Chan, thank you for that. It's really going to help us keep our land. Maybe one day you can become a soldier too."

" No, it's for me, and, soldier Choi, stay well alongside soldier Yoon and soldier Hong, they're full of intelligence and fierce techniques they'll be able to help if needed."

Seungcheol smiles at the young boy and ruffles his hair, who blushes at the touch and lets the soldier leave the base so he can go and fight and defend the land. Chan remains to observe the scene from the bunker.

Soldier Choi quickly finds the two soldiers who are supposed to be helping him, who have bombs in their hands and are trying to figure out where they can aim to scare off the enemy.

Seungcheol starts to think about what Chan has told him, so he leaves the base slightly and when he sees that one of his comrades is in a weak position, he goes to join him, and that's when he gets shot.

The soldier grunts in pain and helps his comrade back into the base, he also helps him into the bunker, and Chan comes right over to them.

" Chan-ah... it hurts."

" Soldier Chwe, stop talking, you're wasting your energy for nothing. "

Chan smiles gently at the soldier and Seungcheol's heart beats faster at the sight, honestly he's always found this young man very handsome, even though he'd never exchanged a word before he'd often seen his younger self at his father's workshop and he knows for a fact that this is the kind of boy he likes, gentle, endearing, attentive, smiling, cute and thoughtful. That's really all he likes.

" Soldier Choi, follow me I'll take care of you, Seungkwan hyung please take good care of Soldier Chwe."

Seungkwan nods and begins his treatment, Chan grabs Seungcheol's hand and leads him into a separate room, takes what he needs to treat his elder and returns to his side, starting to disinfect the wound.

" Chan, how come you know how to heal ? Aren't you supposed to be taking over your father's workshop ? "

" My father always told me I had to do what I liked, so as well as helping him, I learned to cook and heal, thinking that one day it would come in handy."

Chan starts to smile all the more and Seungcheol smiles too, with his free and uninjured hand he runs his hand over his younger son's cheek, the latter starts to blush and the soldier realizing his action starts to blush too.

" Sorry."

" It's all right, I didn't mind. This isn't the time, though."

" You're distracting me too you're too adorable."

" We have a land to defend we'll talk about how we feel about each other after the war."

Chan's words echo in his mind, does that mean the young man is also attracted to him ? He sincerely hopes it does, but as the black-haired man said, they have a battle to finish and a land to guard and protect, so even if his arm is weakened, he's going back to fight.

Without much difficulty they find the two soldiers they're supposed to be leaning on, and he sees that one of them is wounded in the arm, so he approaches him.

" What's happened ? "

" I got shot trying to protect soldier Kwon."

" Go get better."

" Certainly not, the war isn't over."

The young man smiles to reassure Seungcheol, but this doesn't reassure him at all. Suddenly, there's a noise and shards of mud and dust fall on them, they start coughing a lot and then Seungcheol feels an arm come to grab his arm, the soldier reacts with a snap of his fingers, he grabs the soldier's arm in front of him and the latter has no time to react, he simply lets himself be dragged along.

Seungcheol finds himself in a small room, and when he breathes normally again, he realizes that it's Chan he's saving, the younger man is so reassured to see him alive that he takes the soldier in his arms and starts to cry, the soldier trembles and tries to reassure the black-haired man as best he can.

" Shuji-ya's missing, my husband's missing, I don't want to lose him."

" Soldier Yoon ! Jeonghan hyung come back."

Chan tries to break free of Seungcheol's grip so he can go find Jeonghan and help him find his husband, but the elder really doesn't want to let go of the blacksmith's son.

" He'll never make it on his own, he refuses to lose him, I've got to help him."

" It's normal for him to refuse to lose him, but in the meantime I won't let you because I refuse to lose you too."

" Soldier Choi..."

" You're my essential Chan, okay ? You're a source of happiness in my life, your smile makes me dream, I need him daily to be happy so I won't let you risk your life a second time."

" This isn't really the time to confess, but I don't want to lose you either, which is why when I saw that bomb go off I didn't hesitate to come and get you."

Seungcheol presses his forehead against Chan's and the two close their eyes, afraid that this war will turn against them.

The soldier sighs and takes Chan's cheeks in his hands, gently lifting his forehead and placing his lips on Chan's. It takes a while for Chan to react, but he finally kisses him back. After this moment, Seungcheol decides to stand up.

" Be careful, Cheollie-ya ! I don't want to say goodbye to you at all. Don't forget the plan I gave you."

" Channie-ya ! You're a genius I promise you'll come back alive."

Chan lets Seungcheol go, he's really scared but he decides to trust his elder, now he just has to wait and see if the plan works and he sincerely hopes nobody dies, they've already lost a lot of soldiers this isn't the time to lose any more.

<3---------------<The end>---------------<3