Chapter 18

After Lu Qingchu's surgery, he still needed to stay in the intensive care unit for observation for a few days before being transferred to a general ward.

Outside the custody room, Lu Qingci came over with breakfast: "Mom, Qingchu is out of danger, don't worry. Let's have something to eat."

Su Man's pretty face showed a hint of exhaustion as she said, "You stayed up all night last night, thank you for your hard work. Go get some sleep now."

"I am not sleepy."

Lu Qingci sat down opposite her, took out his phone and read the messages.

empty.

Su Man looked at her son thoughtfully: "Qing Ci, you didn't like to look at your phone very much before."

Lu Qingci concealed the disappointment in his eyes, "Just looking at my classmates' information."

At this moment, the door to the waiting room suddenly opened and several people came in. Walking in the middle was a middle-aged man with a cold and noble temperament, who was supported by a group of bodyguards and assistants.

Lu Qingci saw the man's face, and a look of surprise flashed through his eyes, but he soon returned to his indifferent expression, lowering his head to place his and his mother's breakfast.

Su Man suddenly stood up, her beautiful eyes looking at the man who suddenly appeared in shock, her thin chest rising and falling.

"...Su Man, Su Man!"

The man paused for a moment, shouted softly in disbelief, then shouted the name sharply, and walked quickly to Su Man.

The angry man grabbed Su Man's slender wrist and said, "...Su Man."

His eyes were red, as if filled with hatred.

"Lu Mingxiu, you, let me go..."

Su Man woke up with a start, her weak body trying to break free from the man's grasp.

Upon seeing this, Lu Qingci threw down his chopsticks, tall and agile, crossed the dining table and grabbed Lu Mingxiu's hand, warning in a cold voice: "Let her go!"

The young man was so strong that he almost broke Lu Mingxiu's wrist.

Lu Mingxiu felt pain and instinctively let go of his hand.

His expression also changed from anger to shock, and he stared blankly at the vigilant young man in front of him.

He seemed to see himself when he was younger.

All Lu Mingxiu's anger suddenly disappeared at this moment, and he looked at the young man who was about the same size as himself in despair, his eyes gradually becoming misty. Under the sleeves of his suit, the man's fingertips were trembling slightly.

Su Man raised her head slightly, closed her eyes, and said tiredly: "Qing Ci, he is Lu Mingxiu. I'll go out with him to talk about something, and you wait for me here."

Lu Qingci hesitated for a long time before restraining his anger and took a step back slightly.

Su Man and Lu Mingxiu went out. But there were two men who looked like bodyguards guarding the other end of the corridor in the waiting room.

The two people looked at Lu Qingci from time to time and whispered something quietly. Seeing the boy's cold and piercing gaze, the two of them looked stern and bowed slightly to him from a distance.

Lu Qingci turned his back to them and breathed a subtle sigh of relief.

To live another life, he could choose to take a shortcut. After all, only by returning to the Lu family first can you be more qualified to pursue Jiang Baiyu.