Chapter 41

The engagement banquet hosted by Mr. Yan for Yan Jinzhou and Jiang Baiyu was no less grand than his own birthday party a month ago. Almost half of City A's people from the business, political, and even entertainment circles came.

Jiang Baiyu was a little cautious at first when he saw people who usually only appeared in the news. But seeing Yan Jinzhou's calm and gentle demeanor, he also puffed up his chest, followed Yan Jinzhou calmly, talked to people from all walks of life, and accepted everyone's blessings.

During this period, some people secretly discussed the purpose of the marriage between the Yan and Jiang families at this time, and expressed doubts about the relationship between the two. Yan Jinzhou was keenly aware of this and took Jiang Baiyu's hand, walking around them several times before giving up.

Lu family, Lu Mingxiu and Lu Qingchu also came.

Lu Qingchu found an opportunity and walked up to Jiang Baiyu and smiled: "Jiang Baiyu, congratulations."

"Early Qing Dynasty?"

Jiang Baiyu himself didn't realize that he addressed Lu Qingchu with sincere kindness.

In the last life, Lu Qingchu was the only person who helped him. Unfortunately, her heart disease surgery was performed too late, which caused the root cause of the disease. After returning to the Lu family, her body was still very weak, but she finally managed to survive a few years.

The surgery had been mentioned for more than a month in this life, so Lu Qingchu probably didn't have any bad roots.

He thought about it and asked unconsciously: "How is your recovery after the operation?"

"much better."

Lu Qingchu was very beautiful, and his big eyes were very bright when he smiled, "My brother said that you saved my life. I must say thank you to you today, Jiang Baiyu, thank you."

Jiang Baiyu thought of Lu Qingci, and her heart sank a little, "No need to thank me, it was my mother who helped. I didn't do anything."

Lu Qingchu: "But my brother said it was you who saved him. I believe him."

Jiang Baiyu said nothing.

He had completely reborn Lu Qingci like him, that's why he said that.

"Can I call you Xiaoyu?"

Lu Qingchu emphasized: "I'm still a few months older than you. You can call me Qingchu, or you can call me Sister Qingchu."

Jiang Baiyu smiled: "I'll call you Qingchu."

"Xiaoyu."

Lu Qingchu called his name with a smile and asked in a low voice, "Are you really engaged to the Yan family?"

Jiang Baiyu thought that Lu Qingci probably asked her to come up with the words.

He nodded seriously and said, "It's true. We will get married again in the future."

"I got it."

Lu Qingchu sighed softly: "My brother is not so lucky, but I will definitely repay you for your life-saving grace in the future."

"Hurry up and go to the second young master of the Yan family. He has been killing me with his eyes just now. If we continue to chat, I'm afraid I will offend the second young master of the Yan family."

Lu Qingchu said as he looked at Yan Jinzhou and smiled helplessly at him.

Jiang Baiyu looked back, and sure enough, Yan Jinzhou, who was socializing with others just now, looked at them from time to time while talking to others. The seemingly smiling eyes were filled with evil intentions.