The Scar: 2

A little while later
That night. Gabi and Jj with Anna and Jack were having their young couple thing going on in the kitchen.
The young adults, Halle and her friends, and Paria were in a guest's room playing naughty games.

Meanwhile, Kassie's mystery woman showed up.
Kassie was drinking like crazy. "slow down!" Taraji told her and took the glass from her.

She approached Fantasia who was sitting on the couch flipping through channels while the others were talking and drinking. Taraji just kept looking at her wife. It was like a new crush, looking at her when she was not looking, looking away when she caught her looking. She was thinking of ways to approach her and find something to talk about.

"Hey, can I join you?" the Woman asked. "hey sure please join me, do I know you? Your voice sounds familiar!"

"Nah I know you but we met in bad circumstances. You were unconscious. I'm doctor--"
"Dickson! I remember you introducing yourself in the room. I think an OR Oh my gosh, I was never dead. My conscious worked fine. Why was my pulse gone?"

"I will tell you after my research. Or you can ask your sister. She is a muthafucking miracle worker. She might know what was going on. Hell I wish she could tell me"

Fantasia finally found a topic to talk about with people that allowed her to be vulnerable. She took the opportunity. She stood up and approached others, and the woman backed her up.

"I was talking to doctor Dickson.--"
"Karly!"
"Yes, my new friend Karly. I realize I was never dead..." Fantasia begun. Gina laughed. "Of course, you were not necessarily dead honey,"
"so what happened? I mean I felt like my spirit was leaving my body at some point and then it came back"
Everybody looked at Gina for an explanation.

"What?" she said. "tell us," Kassie said. "yes babe, tell them about your research. She knows what happened. She's just being modest. I mean everything she touches turns into magic or gold Including me." Beth said. Taraji rolled her eyes.
"and she told me everything Gabi touches puzzles up. Like she's good at fusing pieces. Sister's trait" Beth added. Is like she was going somewhere with that theory...
"And what is Fantasia's trait?" Kassie was curious.

"she didn't say but from how she described everything to me, I think Fantasia is good at turning everything she touches into a charity case."
Taraji spitted her wine out. It became weird.
"I need a refill," Taraji said storming out.

"what the hell was that? That's mean and rude?" Kassie barked at Beth.
"Please guys you all see it. This is Fantasia but who the fuck is her wife?"

The old and real Fantasia would have slapped her right in the face for saying that but, the new Fantasia was powerless. She just looked at her sister.

"Baby you need to shut up!"
Beth and Taraji don't like each other. Are we clear on that? Kassie followed Taraji, walking inside the kitchen

"I need a refill friend. Mind pouring some in my glass too?" she asked Taraji in the kitchen.

"You don't have to do this Kassie"
"I do. She's bitter. I don't know why but she's been bitter since she walked through that door. Like she's beefing with you or something. Don't take it to heart"
Taraji scoffed. "what if is true? Look at my lifestyle and education. Everything has Fantasia's name taped on it. I'm her charity case Kas"
"you are her wife"
"Her wife! Her wife or her charitable wife?" Kassie was speechless.

"Exactly. I need to--I gotta. I need to not be here right now" Taraji said and went upstairs

Kassie came out of the kitchen and looked at Fantasia with the "I couldn't help" look