Incapable Of Letting Go

About two weeks later.

Fantasia just won the Elections, She was officially The city's Sanitor.

She got a personal invite to the White House from the President. She was supposed to bring family.

Her dad flew to New York to tag along. But this was confusing for Fantasia, she knew the media was gonna be there, how does she bring Taraji on the trip without raising questions? That was her Fear.

"Ready to meet the first lady!" Halle said bringing her bags downstairs. "too much luggage for 7 days, don't you think?" Jack teased. "I'm a lady!" Halle said making Taraji laugh. Fantasia was pacing in the room. How does she execute this?

Pam brought Josh as per Fantasia's request. She was carrying luggage. "and what's that for Aunt Pam?" Halle asked. "they're my bags. I'm going with!" Pam said. Taraji raised an unbelievable eyebrow look. Gabi arrived she's been too busy lately she needed a break.

"uh nah. Pam, you ain't coming with us. I already gave the President a number. 7. You ain't going" Fantasia said.
"Yes, it's you and the kids. Which makes it four. Your dad, Gabi, and I.. Seven" Pam said. "no. Taraji is the seventh one" Fantasia said.

"but why, She's not family!" Pam emphased.

"oh, Auntie Pam. I hate to be the one to break this in a nutshell for you but she's more family than you could ever be. Sorry just telling the truth" Halle said. "really how?"

"It's not important. point is, you ain't invited," Jack said.
"guys stop attacking her. She's going. I'm not!" Taraji said. Fantasia swallowed hard. "what? Mom, you are coming with us" Halle said. "Mom? Wait, what the fuck is going on here?" Pam looked confused.

"we will call you girl bye!" Gabi said pushing her out with her bags then shut the door.
"Baby, you not going, why?" Fantastic asked.
"work. Plus, it's best for everyone that I don't go" Taraji said. Fantasia was both relieved and sad.
"come on, you don't wanna meet the First Lady?" Halle asked. Taraji chuckled. "I have and I protected her while with the FBI. If you tell her you know me, she will give her regards. I'm good here at home. I have been in DC a good amount of time and it was great but I'm good. You guys go ahead, take videos, and send pictures. Protect each other and most importantly make mummy look good, it's politics but it's important" She said. The kids hugged her.

They took the luggage out. Ben said goodbye to Taraji and walked out. Gabi took her bags and her sister's.

"I'm kinda sad you ain't coming with us!"

"you are relieved!" Taraji said. Fantasia looked down at her fingers. Taraji stood up. She lifted her face. "it's okay. I'm not mad. I'm happy for you. I understand politics more than a lot of people. Go make yourself look good. You gonna be our first female president one day and I'm all for that honey. I love you, Tasia"
"I love you too!" Fantasia said.
"call me if you get bored okay?"
"I will be okay. Don't worry about me"

Fantasia kissed her and walked out. Taraji curled her lips looking at the big old house. She breathed deeply. "one week!" she said out loud, convincing herself.
"I can do this!" she added.

A few days later

They stayed in Washington DC for two weeks.
While they were gone...Taraji was lonely. Plus Fantasia was too busy to make a call, but
She texted and replied to texts.

Taraji felt like flying in DC.
Meanwhile, the President's PR team where advising Fantasia on how to keep winning and how to expect to climb the ladder. They strongly suggested that since she's a family woman, she should get a man and get married as soon as possible.
Her kids didn't like that, so Halle changed the subject.