The Honeymooners:

A couple of days later:

At the Red Cottage, somewhere amid the woods.
Taraji was on a call with her work stuff, and Fantasia got their luggage in a cart. "Cottage 10 please!" she told the Cart guy. He nodded and pulled their luggage away with him.

Fantasia approached the front desk lady. "checking in. Cottage 10!" she said handing in her ID card.
The girl clicked on the computer and gave her the key. "enjoy your honeymoon suite ma'am" she said smiling. Fantasia nodded and walked away. She bumped Into someone looking for her wife.
"excuse me sorry," Fantasia said picking up the woman's cell phone. "I'm exhausted," she said handing back her phone. The woman smiled. "Don't even worry about it. Monday's huh! Wait you are Fantasia Barrino, City Senator, oh my gosh. It is a pleasure to meet the lady who made so many changes in a couple of months, fighting in real action. Then marrying a woman in front of the world to see. Amazing, I'm a fan. Where is your wife are you here alone?" the woman said.

"We became friends in a weird split second huh?" Fantasia joked sarcastically. The woman laughed. "I'm sorry. Of course. Enjoy your stay"
"Thank you."
"Toni Hill!" she said outstretching her hand. "As in The Hill Cottage owner?"
"Majority owner. My ex-husband owns 40%, he likes to think of himself as more relevant to me. You know men and their ego" Toni said. "girl, that is why I don't roll like that no more"
They laughed. "You married a pretty impressive girl. I admire you."

"You saying that like you know my wife"
Toni smirked. "Enjoy your stay!" Toni said winking and walking away. Fantasia turned with her.  Taraji came from the other side. "Baby I apologize. This case is taking up my time. Have you checked I'm yet?" Taraji asked. "Yes. Let's go, I need a long hot bubble bath, that was an insane drive."

"and I let you drive alone. Baby, I'm sorry this is already going south" Taraji said. "I get it!" Fantasia said. She lied it killed her inside knowing her wife was unavailable on their honeymoon.

They got to the Cabin. It was the most beautiful house in the whole place high on a cliff, with beautiful views, and great surroundings. It was chilly as fuck because of the lake down there.

"you like the room?" Taraji asked her wife. She nodded. Taraji wasn't happy because her wife wasn't happy about this working thing.

"At least I did something right. Got us the perfect cabin" she said. "At least!" Fantasia said. Taraji sighed. Her wife was not happy about this. She walked closer. "Can I please make it up to you tonight?" Taraji begged. "okay. I will let you work while I relax in the bathtub"
Fantasia said walking away.

Later that night.
Taraji couldn't get out of the work meeting. She was in a meeting with Isabella and their plaintiff's lawyers.

Fantasia rolled her eyes after trying to gather attention. She took her jacket and walked out. She hasn't been drinking ever since she got sick but she needed a drink at that moment.

She walked into a bar In Cottage 1.
She spotted Toni drinking alone and doing paperwork. She walked closer. "workaholic like my wife?" she asked. Toni smiled. "A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do honey. Is that why you are here alone, looking all gloomy?"
"pretty much. Better here than there"

"Well, join me!" Toni said packing up her stuff in a briefcase and making room for Fantasia. She joined her. "what are you drinking senator?"

"I'm a scotch girl"
"Yum. Neat or with ice?"

"With ice, I'm trying to take care of my son's liver,"

"His liver? Health problem?"
"yeah. I'm actually recovering"

"oh, I'm sorry. I had no idea" Toni said sweetly.
"yeah we tried keeping it out of the tabloid but I did take a sick leave"
"I'm sorry to hear that. How is your wife taking all of this?"
"She's been supportive and working less until now. I guess she has a workload she can't run away from"