Lies she Told

That Morning like every other morning, was just a regular morning for Taraji. Having Coffee, doing paperwork, waiting for a homicide, literally waiting for somebody to kill or be killed.

She got a terrifying phone call from her son, Jack. He was panting, sobbing, running on the other side of the call.

"Jack!" she cried out. "what's wrong honey talk to me! Where are you?"
More panting then she heard a gunshot and the call was dead.

She stood rapidly from her chair, coffee pouring all over her paperwork. She gasped looking at the mess, then looked up at her colleague.
"go, I got this!" Detective Brooks said. Taraji nodded and rushed to the technical team to trace Jack's phone.

"there! The phone must have died there and then" the department girl said pointing at the location on the computer. "New Jersey? What the hell was Jack doing in New Jersey?" Taraji asked between worry and anger.
The girl shrugged. "whatever it is, it's not good"

Taraji sprinted out of the department heading out. She saw The chief walking in. She secretly rolled her eyes and pretended she didn't just see her.

"meeting, my office." Captain Wright announced to the detectives before welcoming the chief.
"But sir I have to go, there has been a -uh" They all looked at her, waiting for the lie she was cooking up
"p-potential homicide" she lied. "it can wait until it's a definite homicide detective," The Chief said. They looked at each other, Taraji was pissed, to say the least.

"killers won't take a break just because you decided to make a stop here, again, Chief!" Taraji said with a hostile attitude.

"Mmmmh!" the Chief exclaimed before stepping into the captain's office.
"the woman can't stand you," Brooks said. "oh yeah? The feeling is mutual" Taraji said and headed out anyway...

"Detective Henson" Captain commanded.
"you can have the meeting without me, I will be elsewhere where I'm most needed" She kept going.
"in my Office now, or hand over your badge and gun"
Taraji gasped.
"Now!" he shouted.
She turned and scoffed, looking him up and down, in her head, she was thinking "nigga didn't just raise his voice at me like that!" then turned and exited.

Captain Wright was left pissed off and humiliated emasculated because the whole floor heard this exchange including his boss, the Chief of Police aka Fantasia.

Later that day.
Taraji came back with her Son. She learned that the Chief was still in the building. She was mad at her son, exhausted from whatever went down in New Jersey, and mad at herself for allowing whatever went down with the captain to go down in front of everybody.

"Detective, Captain Wright, and the Chief want to see you." somebody announced. She took a deep breath and pulled out her badge and Gun and walked into the captain's office.

She placed them on his table and then headed out.

"you just gonna leave?" he asked. "you fired me, didn't you?" she asked.
He was speechless

"Captain, give us a minute" the chief interjected.
He nodded and walked out.

"What you want Chief?"

"You..." The Chief stated. Taraji turned rapidly to look at her. Her heart pounded immediately.
"...to stop acting like a child, if you wanna keep working here" she finally completed her statement. Taraji frowned.
She scoffed and started laughing angrily.

"you know what fuck you. Fuck this job. I Quit" She said and rushed out. She started packing her "out of job" box.

"you can't quit," Brooks said. "well, I just did and frankly I never felt better," Taraji said. "what are you gonna do? Live in the streets? Taraji you are already..."

The Department! जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें