Stalker-ish

Three weeks later:

Taraji was assigned to be a chief Justice in the highest court in New York City, The Court of Appeals. The President assigned the Senator to be there to Permit her new Chambers for Court 101.
Brooks was the new Captain of the 5th. She was happy that she and her bestie were elevating at the same time. She organized a big surprise party in the chambers.

meanwhile, fantasia was dealing with a lot. She stepped down from running for VP cause she lost confidence in herself to go through that kind of fire. She focused on being a Senator but she had two written warnings for showing up at work drunk. Gina put her into rehab for three weeks because she was compromising her liver, well and her career. She was also in one of those support groups and seeing a therapist. She wasn't the same Fantasia. But the good thing is, Toni never gave up on her. She never left her. So Fantasia proposed dating, and Toni was still thinking about it. Her words were.
"Fucking is fine 'cause the only thing expected is orgasm. Relationships are a true commitment I am not sure you are ready for because you ain't over your ex, and honestly, I'm not a good relationship person myself. But let me think this through"

Everything was going great for Taraji except, she was horny as fuck. She would just crush on everybody, just for some ass. The problem is that she spent too much time with Brooks, and she was starting to like her a lot. Regarding divorce, Fantasia never showed up for those meetings. Well, because she was in rehab. To be honest, she was drinking like an average person, the only reason they needed her to stop was for her health. She wasn't an alcoholic and they all knew that.

They all arrived. Fantasia was running late, they were waiting for her. She apologized. Then officiated the event. Brooks opened the double door. "Surprise!" they yelled. "congratulations Judge!" Brooks said hugging Taraji. Taraji didn't let go. "Baby let go now" Brooks whispered getting weird. "Sorry!" Taraji said pulling away, her eyes met Fantasia witnessing this. She was embarrassed and looked away.

People celebrated. Fantasia left. She got in the elevator. "hold it!" Brooks said rushing. She got in. "Thank you. Going home already?"
"the office. I have been off the picture for a while I have a workload"
"I get it."

"Congrats on making captain. Long overdue"
"Thanks, Fantasia. I appreciate that."
Her phone rang in her hand. She flipped her wrist exposing the caller ID. It was Taraji.

Fantasia swallowed.
Brooks: hey babe... I'm just going downstairs, I need a soda in the vending machine. I can't drink alcohol while on duty
Taraji: Hey, can we find a private place for us to talk? Now, if I don't do it now I might never find a chance to do it.
Brooks: where are you? I'm getting off the first floor. let's meet in the kitchen.
Taraji: I'm on the elevator.

Brooks got off, she went to the bathroom first. Fantasia got off after her and hid in the kitchen.
Taraji got off and went to the kitchen. She waited for Brooks. Brooks walked in. "where is the fire babes?"

Taraji closed the door. "you are gonna hate me for this and I will take it cause there is no any other way I can do this,"
"you scaring me!"

"I - Danielle I like you," Taraji said. "of course, baby I love you too"

"no baby no. I like you I have bugging feelings for you, I'm sexually hungry. I like, like you a lot"

"Taraji you are going through a divorce, this behavior is normal. You don't like me, baby. You are just lonely and it's okay. I'm your best friend. Your safe place, I'm not judging"
Taraji kissed her to shut her up. Brooks froze. Taraji pulled away. "I like you damn it. So, I
Know you don't roll like that. And I know you are a faithful wife. I'm not trying to ruin that or ruin our friendship. But I just want you to know. I haven't felt like this since the last woman I married. I like you. Okay... I gotta go, I'm sorry I kissed you" Taraji stormed out.
Brooks touched her lips. She breathes hard. Then walked out.