An Angel From The Past

Taraji put Halle to sleep after the long talk she had with her.
She then came out. Went to the big kitchen to get a drink.

She saw a recently opened bottle of scotch on the counter and poured it with ice. She turned and saw Gabi drinking alone in the dark.

"you know you don't have to carry all this drama right? You are young and beautiful, go out and make mistakes" Taraji said. Gabi blushed and pulled the blanket. "or you can join me" Gabi said.

Taraji curled her lips. "I can't. I'm too vulnerable to get under the covers with you or anybody, cause I'm angry, and when I'm angry, I do unspeakable things. So thanks, but I rather drink alone tonight" Taraji said walking away.
"I'm disappointed in her too you know. The least we can do is. Hate her together"
Gabi said.
"she practically raised you. When your mother died, she stepped in and raised you. You are not allowed to hate her"

"you know what makes a kid successful in raising another kid?"

"too many maids and a wealthy father?" Taraji asked rolling her eyes. "no, friends who reminded her that she was young and vibrant and has a whole life ahead of her, and stepping up doesn't make her old and boring. You did that for my sister. You raised her raise me and look at us... What a wonderful job you did. A whole doctor and a Chief with masters and crazy credibility. My sister could have easily broken into pieces when Mom died. But you didn't let her, you helped her grieve and she helped the family grieve. Taraji my sister is Lucky to have you. So please, don't give up on her yet."

Taraji laughed painfully. "I'm tired Gabi. I'm sorry, I wanna be done" Taraji said. "but how can I do that? How do we split the kids now?" Taraji asked. "you can't. If you are done with her, you guys need a new agreement like some shared custody stuff" Gabi said.

Taraji breathed deeply. "You look tired," Gabi said. Taraji scoffed. "I am exhausted and jetlagged. I just flew from DC after I got off from London for work. I can't feel my body, I can't tell if I'm standing or lying down"
Gabi chuckled. "go rest. Before you fall down on me".
"so I'm standing?"
Gabi stood up grabbed Taraji and pulled her to Halle's room.
"easy!" she told her. "thanks. I think I chose the wrong sister" Taraji said. Gabi laughed. "oh yeah? Wait until you see my toxicity"

Taraji laughed. "you? Toxicity? I would love to see that"
"rest okay. Just take this one day at a time"
"Miley. Is she okay?"

"broken. She keeps tearing up and bailing out of the OR. Talking about 'Taraji never even said goodbye' like dead people usually do that"
Gabi made Taraji laugh.

"Poor thing"
"but you know, we ain't all pretty faces, we strong," Gabi said. "I see that," Taraji said looking straight at Gabi. Gabi blushed and tucked her hair behind her ear. Taraji chuckled. "you blushing"
"no, I'm not"
"oh, you not huh?!"

"stop!"
"my bad. Well thanks for putting me to bed and tucking me in"

"you welcome," Gabi said and walked out.

Following Day

Fantasia sneaked out early to go to work. She didn't wanna bump into anyone after last night. She hurried out and drove herself to work.

She found her office filled with flowers. Like a funeral home. It traumatized her.

"get all of these flowers out of my office now. You have 2 minutes" she told her assistant, who scurried up to clean up the office.

After a while, she got in her chair. "Cancel all my meetings, shut my door, and allow me to sleep. Do not let anybody in" she instructed. "but you have an important meeting with the District attorney"