A Silent Pain

See, no need to attack me😀😂😂

Philadelphia

Taraji kicked a warehouse door, and it swung open. Male Voices sounded from a distance, Guns started firing, and they hid.
They came out after counting some bullets. They knew the attackers's guns were almost empty. So they could strike before they load again. They shot their way in. Luna saw Taraji and disappeared.
So many dead bodies. Some men just grunting in pain.

They got in. Collins was reaching for more bullets
"Don't even think about it," Taraji said they were both pointing guns at him.
"NYPD!" Brooks said with her raised badge  "This is Philly. Wrong state baby"
"FBI!" Taraji raised her fake Badge. The real one was turned in when she resigned.
"Put your hands where I can see them. Now!"
He raised his hands and put the gun down.

He looked pissed, with crazy eyes. "where is she?" Taraji asked. "who?"
"Don't fuck with me Collins or should I say Mr two finger 6 feet.
"where is the woman you kidnapped in New York?" Taraji rephrased.
"Baby I don't know what you talking about," he said sitting down but he didn't make it down voluntarily, he took a bullet in his arm and fell on his chair
"Bitch!" he said reaching for his other gun. Taraji fired again. The other arm.
He groaned. "the next bullet is gonna be on your chest or your head. So cooperate, who hired you?"

He kept quiet. Taraji fired past his shoulder to the picture on the wall.
"oops I missed let me try--"
"okay okay. She is at the back. But I can't tell you more than that." Taraji didn't care about knowing more. She just wanted Fantasia back. She went to the back. Fantasia was passed out.
They carried her to the car. Then Collins's boys started shooting again. Brooks was a good driver and Taraji was a good shooter. That's what made them good partners.

They drove as far as they could and found a Private hospital outside Philly. They checked her in. And waited.

"too much drugs. I'm gonna drain them out of her system and tube her up cause her body needs water and blood. Because she was electrified, it shouldn't take more than an hour. But her recovery will take more than a month. Her body was in shock. It will take time to fully recover"  her doctor said.

Taraji called home. "hey, thank you for coming out here with me. You are the best friend"
"I know you would do the same for me. She is gonna be fine and hopefully, she will give us some sort of a lead to follow" Brooks said. "I hope so but she looked weak, I doubt she heard or saw anything."
"So you still have an FBI badge?"

"It's fake. I got that faked out with their equipment, I knew one day it might come in handy."
"you do know it's a federal offense, right? You could go to federal prison!".
"I will be extra careful but if it's my family on the line or you... I'm gonna need to use this" Taraji said. Brooks smiled cause she was included on the list.

They waited.
Fantasia woke up. They checked her out and took her water and blood rube/drips with her. She was quiet the entire trip home. It was a long, very long drive. Many stops. But she refused to speak.

Taraji brought her takeouts, she ate a little and drank a lot of water. She slept at the back. They arrived home almost in the morning. Taraji gave Brooks a guestroom to use.
The kids waited up. They hugged Fantasia. She just stood there, not hugging them back, not saying a thing. Then she went upstairs.

"Is she okay?" Jack asked. Taraji shook her head. "she went through a lot. Her body is traumatized. So is her psychological well-being. We just have to give her space. I'm tired, I'm gonna lay down.
"Okay!" they said. "out here. I'm gonna sleep here, you are in my bedroom so, disappear please"
"oh, oh!" they left.
Taraji double-locked the front door. Then went upstairs to check on her. She was curled in bed, snuggling on her giant teddy bear. Taraji got her that a very long time ago. She uses it when she's vulnerable. Taraji was worried about her. She saw that the curtains were closed on her glass wall. She never closes those.