Part 7: MONEY

A YEAR LATER

Y'all remember in the Previous chapter when Taraji went to Italy for business?

Shit went down there that she never told anyone including her wife. The biggest Italian Mob was forcing her to sell her part of the stake. She refused to sell her business. They approached her partner and threatened him. He sold them his part.

Now Taraji was owning two hotels, (one in Melani, and one in Rome) with the biggest Italian thug who was trying to control everything. He was now buying her out with zero dollars.

She was being forced to sell and she didn't want to. She always receives threatening messages or messages about them making changes she never approved of.

She was stressed out.
It got worse, every time Fantasia left the house, Taraji received a picture of her, just to alert her that they tailing her wife.

She didn't know who to talk this out with. She was getting jumpy at everything. Vulnerable. Scared, terrified. She knew it was time to talk, but she had no idea how to break this to her wife.
And that was not her only secret that was out to bite her ass. A girl Josh's age, (almost 21) came out as Victoria Monet's daughter her name is Billie, she claimed Taraji was her biological mother. She was blackmailing Taraji with 2 million dollars to keep the secret. Taraji hasn't responded to her, she had bigger problems on her plate. Is Billie telling the truth?

Their grown kids were living in their own houses. Josh lived with Halle and Paris in San Francisco. Halle was transferred to another private hospital.

Jack and Lana lived in New York with their kids, in his Penthouse. He was the fireman. She was a Judicial Assistant and law student.

And, they lived with the twins Full-time. Who are now 10 years of age. Danielle and her husband were trying it again.

Well, Taraji was not the only one keeping a major secret from her wife. Fantasia had a major one too... She gambled in a poker game and ended up losing 5 million dollars and two wedding rings, one of which was recently, bought in Australia. She used to be good at the game... But now she was bankrupting the family. The more she loses the more she wants to get everything back, you know the drill. It is how the gambling game works.

Taraji was home (at the white house) panicking, pacing in the master bedroom, waiting for her wife to get home. It was after midnight.

Fantasia got home after losing 100,000 dollars and her Diamond Rolex watch, on top of everything she already lost.

She got in the room. Took off her shoes, hung her jacket, got out of her clothes, and to the bathroom to hop in a shower.

Taraji sighed with relief. She was now in their bed pretending to be sleeping. Fantasia showered, stressing hard because she tipped her finger in the twins's trust fund for that 100k.

Now she was stealing from her kids. She took over an hour in the bathroom. Thinking of ways to fix her "gambling problem".

She then got in bed with her wife.
"Hey, where have you been? I was worried!" Taraji said faking a sleepy voice.
"just out checking out some construction work.."
"Up until this late?"
"Yeah, I was on the field plus I had a few drinks after that"

"You should have called you know or at least picked up the phone"

"I know. It won't happen again",
"Tasia that's what you said two days ago, and a few days before that, and last week. It is all you say every day because you keep doing it."

Fantasia was defenseless. "let's just go to sleep, we will talk about this tomorrow"

"and that's what you said two days ago as well. What is it? Have I done something to upset you, because, I can fix it" Taraji's consciousness was getting the best of her. "I can fix it baby I can," she said about to cry. Fantasia was a bit confused about that. "Hey, you did nothing wrong. You are perfect. I'm just. I'm just having bad days in the office" She said kissing her on her forehead. Taraji nodded, feeling better for a second.

"Let's just go to sleep, okay?" Fantasia said. They kissed and spooned. Each drifts into their minds, where their world is clouded by secrets and a very high stress level. Eyes wide opened.

Sleep can be impossible when the mind is overflowing.

Fantasia turned.
"You sleeping?" she asked her. "depends what sleeping means," Taraji said sitting up straight. "I'm stressed out, can we have sex?" Fantasia asked.
"I have something to tell you. Can sex wait?"
Taraji began.
"Uhm, yeah, what's up?"

"I have been greedy and selfish and that has compromised our safety..."
"Whatever it is we can move past it," Fantasia said kissing her. "Baby please pay attention. I'm gonna lose my business, I'm been bullied and I can't get out of it without putting you guys in danger. Especially you"

"I'm fine okay. And I have done some shit too, I need your forgiveness as well."

"you cheated?"
"what? Of course not. That life is behind me, behind us, I would like to think"

"it is. My point is, as long as whatever you did has nothing to do with you with another woman or man, I am okay with it because I know we will work together and get out of it together" Taraji said.
"Baby is bad!"
"And I forgive you. Now kiss me please" Taraji said. Fantasia kissed her.

They kissed deeply. Taraji hopped on top of her and wrapped her hands around her shoulders, Fantasia wrapped hers around her figure.
"I love you and I will do anything to protect this family. So, tomorrow I'm gonna call the Italians and give them full ownership of the hotels"

Fantasia pulled from her. "What?"

"uh, please don't be mad"
. "back up. What Italians?"

"Some guy named Eldo, he is a mob." Fantasia got up. "Wait, how do you know Eldo!?"
"You know him? He approached me about a year ago--"

"A what? A what Taraji? And you just now saying this?". Fantasia looked terrified, and there were not many things that terrified that woman. Taraji looked at her, "Fantasia what's going on, you know Eldo, how?"

"-He's my poker buddy!"

"You told me you wouldn't play with thugs anymore, Eldo is a mob!"
Fantasia swallowed hard. "and... Mobs don't lose, if they lose, somebody dies. So since we are all alive, for now. How much?"

"That's not true. Mobs lost to me before--"

"How much Fantasia? How much did you lose?"
"millions!"

Taraji gasped with her jaw dropped. "I need a freaking number."
"more than 5!"
Taraji gasped loudly this time. "so you have been lying to me about these late-night meetings?"

"you have been lying to me too"
"I just didn't tell you. That's not lying that's been secretive, is not right but at least is not lying to my face. What's your plan to get out of this gambling problem, get our money back?"

"I don't have a gambling problem--" Taraji scoffed.
"I don't!"
"Okay, you don't have a problem. But if you do and you lying to me or you are in denial. I pray that you don't snap out of this when it's too late. When we are broke, without a home, and have nothing but the clothes we wearing. Cause baby if you paid attention here tonight, I'm losing my business too...wait! Wait... Fantasia where is your ring?"

Fantasia looked at her exposed fingers and folded her hands in her arms.
"I misplaced it"

"Misplaced or...lost in a game?"

"I-I..."
"you bet your ring, a symbol of my love to you, in a poker game?"
"Baby I'm sorry, I will win it back"

"where is the other one?" Taraji tried to calm down. "I will get them back"

"no... No baby you are done with Poker or any gambling games. You are done cause if you gamble again. We are done. So..." she took off her ring. "When you wanna Gamble against my will. Gamble that ring. And you will be sealing our divorce." Taraji said and slammed the door behind her.
Fantasia looked at the ring and clenched her teeth. She picked it up. She was thinking
"There is no way I stop Gambling after losing so much."

She desperately wants her money back. Not only that, she wants her pride back. But what they ignored in this conversation was the fact that their problems were linked and it all begins and ends with ELDO, the Italian Mob.

Part 7 anyone?