Part 2

Part 2 of THE Department

Two years Later

Taraji broke up with Fantasia three weeks after her drunk episode at the warehouse. They have been apart since. Taraji is in DC and her kids (including Josh) visit every other weekend.

After 6 months of trying to make her marriage work, Victoria broke it off and didn't forget to remind Taraji of her promise...to marry her. So they were engaged to be married.

Fantasia was reconnecting with an Ex, after her husband and Taraji she couldn't move things fast, they were taking it very, very slow. She was running for city senate against some guy named Billy Cross and Fantasia was winning. So you ask me, the woman keeps leveling the fuck up.

Jack was in college and dating some beautiful blonde-haired chick with blue eyes. (Jack was 20)

Halle is turning 18 tomorrow. She planned her party at a club with her friends and no family.
And then the day after it is Thanksgiving which is why Taraji will be in New York.

Josh and Taraji have a special bond.

Hey...remember Luna Daluca? She was never dead. But Fantasia messed her up two years ago with fire that made her run and never look back. She finally came out from hiding. But she went back home to Mexico, the girl had seen it all, she didn't want some smoke okay...

Taraji landed in New York City. Halle fetched her from the Airport. They went to Jack's penthouse which her three parents bought for him, fully paid, and on their tab for every bill charged to him. well, mostly the Mayor who feels guilty for not being there in the beginning. Fantasia bought him a car. A jaguar.

It was a 3 bedroom penthouse with glass walls, and glass furniture (mostly). Taraji has a room there for when she's in New York City.

"big bro is not here. So, you are alone until he returns," Halle said. "it's okay, Vic should be landing any hour from now." Taraji said. "oh, her. The paparazzi magnet" Halle muttered. "still don't like her I see. Why is the question I would like to ask."

"she's okay. She loves you. Loves jack. Care none shit about me and Josh." Halle said. "she just needs to get to know y'all. To her, you are still Fantasia's kids. And she and your mom... Let's just say, they care nothing about each other unless is to kill each other. But she will come around, she is coming around actually"

Halle rolled her eyes. "I'm not sure I want her to come around," Halle said breaking Taraji's heart. "Baby she's gonna be a big part of my life too. Why can't you give her a chance? for me"

"When Mom found out about the engagement. She went into a depression for a week. Barely talking, barely eating. Just showering and drinking. For a week Mom. So no, I can't accept her because this whole thing is hurting my mother. You might not care but I do. I care about my mother."

"I care too. I never meant to hurt her--"
"Well, you did. You chose Vic over her. At least that is how she sees it. You broke up with her because she killed your partner, except she's alive but you killed her husband and he's still dead. Do you see how unrealistic this is?"

"that is not why I broke up with her"

"why did you? You don't love her?"

"Halle, I love your mother. I always have and there is no time out on my heart when it comes to that. But her reputation and career mean more to her than I do. She will never want to go public with me especially now that she's gonna be Sanitor. How much longer can I hold out to a secret affair with her? How much can a girl accept...that she's nothing important? I wasn't gonna keep doing that. I was sick of it already and it was never gonna change. That my girls is why we broke up."