Screwed!

Three weeks later
The Dead, Politics, The Media!

Lana was throwing up at every smell of food. Taraji realized she might be pregnant.
She let her throw up in the bathroom for the third time since the day began before sitting her down.

"Are you okay?" Taraji asked. "I think so, although I feel sick sometimes but don't worry I'm sure it is nothing to worry about," Lana said

"When last did you have your period?"
"I'm supposed to be getting them today, or I will be late tomorrow--" her jaw dropped before she completed her sentence.
"Oh my gosh, no I can't be, I can't be pregnant, I have a job and I'm in law school. I can't be a mom right now!" she said panicking.

"you might be pregnant honey. How about you go home, get a home pregnancy test, or go see a doctor then call me, whatever you wanna do, I know Jack will support you and my whole family will be supportive and understanding"

"You can't tell the whole family. They will hate me cause I know I'm not gonna keep it"
That broke Taraji's heart. She swallowed hard. It hurt cause it wasn't her call and she wasn't trying to make this about her. So she kept calm, even though she had to bid her tongue to do it.

"Okay, just go home and sleep on it. But you need to tell Jack, I understand that this is your body but as a part of this, he deserves to know"

Lana nodded and walked out.
Taraji immediately called her wife.

Tasia: Hey baby I'm at my shelter, and boy there is a lot of work to do, I really can't talk right now, can you make it quick or text me?
Taraji: Lana might be pregnant and she's not thinking about keeping it.
Tasia: what? That's horrible. Why not? She doesn't want her child raised in our family or something?
Taraji: fear of neglecting her dreams. I think she thinks is the end of the world. It happens, I gave her a day off. Didn't know how to change her mind without sounding like an ass or a selfish grandma.
Tasia: oh honey, I get it. Let's hope Jack will be able to talk her out of it. Are you gonna be okay or should I come home?
Taraji: no, you do what you do. I will be okay babe. See you in bed tonight?
Tasia: definitely! Later.
Taraji: later.

Later that week Fantasia travelled to DC for political meetings.

Lana decides not to keep the baby. It made it hard for Taraji to work with her while feeling hurt about the whole situation. Taraji gave her a three weeks' leave. Lana used the three weeks to visit home.

She told her mother what was going on and what her decision was. Her mother told her to be mindful of Jack's feelings and try not to make a drastic selfish decision.
She then called Taraji

Taraji: yes.
Lana: can you promise to always help me take care of the baby even if Jack and I break up? I don't think I can do this alone, your honor I'm scared.
Taraji: good thing cause nobody is expecting you to. We got you. The whole family has your back no matter what your relationship status between you and Jack is. You and the baby will always be a big part of our family. And I know one other thing... Jack will never abandon his child. So if you decide to keep it, we won't make you regret it. Infect we will be happy. But no pressure.
Lana: thank you. I'm keeping it.
Taraji sighed.
Taraji: you won't regret it. You will finish law school, trust me the baby won't make you not to.
Lana: thank you, that's what my momma said. I feel reassured.
Taraji: good. Take care of yourself and come back, let's work out a new flexible working schedule.
Lana: your honor I don't need any special testament.
Taraji: trust me, you gonna need some rest. Pregnancy is no walk in the park. So if you gonna be working full time and taking night classes, you gonna need time to nap a couple of times a day.
Lana: Okay, thank you.
Taraji: no, thank you. For keeping it.