Family & Media

A few days later
The Dinner Party.

Fantasia's team was all there. Halle and her friend Kia. Jack and her fiance Anna. Brooks and her Husband Devon. Fantasia was secretly with Taraji. Isabella with her boyfriend. Fantasia invited her opponent Billy Cross, she needed him to know, that it wasn't a secret dinner to try to gain votes. He showed up with his wife Francine.

Isabella was trying to get Fantasia's attention all night. Fantasia was just undressing Taraji with her eyes and entertaining Billy.

"excuse me, Mr Cross. I need to have a word with the host!" Isabella said. "she's all yours." he said walking away from them. "okay spill. What is your deal with me? You practically gave your job to Taraji just to meet me, why?" Fantasia asked.

"I'm just a fan of your work. I followed your career since you were a cop in a uniform at the age of 20. You were badass then you are more now. From a police officer, and detective to a lieutenant in your 20s. You were 30 when you were given your chief chair. And now, not even 40 yet but you are gonna be chaired as this big city's sanitor. You are my hero Fantasia. I stan you!" Isabella said. "that's either stalkerish or pretty cool. Thank you."

"You are welcome. Keep winning, there are so many girls watching and you don't even know. One of them is over there" Isabella pointed at Kelly who was talking to Jack.
"and the other is on your left. You know her pretty well. You gave her life. I'm observant. I saw how she pays attention when you speak. Even when Taraji speaks, not sure why but yes. She looks up to you" Isabella said. Fantasia looked at her daughter who caught her staring.

She approached. "need something boss?" she asked. "tonight, I'm not your boss. I'm your mother. What do you say we... Steal some snacks and go mess up a bed like we used to"
Halle smiled. "I would like that Mom. Your bed is comfy enough" Fantasia chuckled.

"It's not just my bed anymore. How about Jack's bed?"

Halle laughed hard. "let's go back to you saying it ain't your bed alone anymore... I'm guessing you share that with the love of your life? You love her don't you?"

"I bought her a half-billion-dollar ring. And I'm kinda broke... So, does that answer your question?"

"We broke?" Halle barked the music stopped.
Everybody turned to them. Fantasia clenched her teeth. She turned to Billy. "on a platter. Go see what you do with it!" she told him and walked away. Halle's heart pounded. She messed up her mother's campaign.

She looked frustrated and ran to Taraji and fell in her hands. Billy was taking pictures.
Taraji reluctantly Hugged her daughter. She saw Billy and his wife taking pictures and rushed to the front door and locked it. "nobody fucken moves. I have a gun and am not afraid to use it. Kelly and Jack take their phones, and put them in a garbage disposal."
She pointed at Billy and his wife. "Go make up a story without proof. Nigga, you will see how hard we coming for you and your Bitch... Fantasia does not play dirty with you but I will. I know about your wife's affair. I know about your junky-ass daughter. I know about your money embezzlement. Come for Fantasia, see me strike like a vampire. I will be coming for blood bitch." Taraji said everybody in the room was either terrified or straight-up intimidated.

She had a serious look on her, indicating that she meant business. She then unlocked the door. "Party is over people!" Taraji said. Brooks grinned. Isabella and Billy were both shocked at why Taraji would care like she was family or something, Why Halle would feel vulnerable and trust Taraji's comfort to make her less messy. They wondered and wondered... But who would tell them the truth?
They all walked out except Kelly and Anna.

"Damn it" Taraji muttered. "clean up, I gotta find her!" she said. "if she is me, I'm here. Never left!" Fantasia said appearing from the kitchen. "I forgot how overprotective you are...that was... Hot. Is like you knew I didn't know how to handle it".