Ch 83

In the rental house, Mu Xingchen's elderly phone came from a text message alert that almost never sounded. He stared at the phone for a long time before reaching out tremblingly to open the text message.

-Brother is home and has been waiting for your call.

Mu Xingchen didn't believe Lu Wenyi's words that he had gone home. He silently put down his phone and lay there for a long time until he couldn't bear the hunger anymore. He resisted the fear and got up and went out. But to his surprise, he didn't see that person nearby. A figure that frightened him.

Is he really gone?

After walking around but not seeing Lu Wenyi, Mu Xingchen still didn't believe that he was gone. He assumed that he was hiding in a corner where he couldn't find him. He held his phone and silently walked towards the small restaurant where he usually went to eat. store, I received a new text message as soon as I walked into the store.

-Don't be afraid, brother.

Still not receiving a reply, Lu Wenyi lowered his eyes, put the phone back in his pocket, looked up at Qin Qing who was drinking water, "Thank you for taking care of him."

Hearing Lu Wenyi's words, Li Zhi, who was sitting next to him, finally breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Thank you for telling us about Xingchen. Before he is willing to go back with us, we may have to trouble you to take care of him for a few more days." Note. Seeing Lu Wenyi's gaze, he quickly reminded and emphasized, "This has been discussed and confirmed with you! Don't go back on your word!"

Lu Wenyi pursed his lips and hummed, then picked up the cold coffee and took a sip. The coffee without milk was very bitter, but he felt that the taste was sweeter than the bitterness in his heart.

"...I've told you so much, shouldn't you also tell me why Xingchen came out to wander? When I first saw him, he was much more embarrassed than he is now."

Qin Qing thought about the scene when he met Mu Xingchen for the first time and sighed, "He should have gone to the hospital to have his legs checked at that time, right? I saw that he was holding a wooden stick and was about to slide off the bus. It was pitiful. …”

These words brought Lu Wenyi out of his dark thoughts. He raised his head and looked at the person sitting across from him, who had made him unable to contain his malice countless times, and asked in a hoarse voice, "When did you go to the hospital? Which hospital? "

"Four or five months ago, right? I don't really remember. People's Hospital, we used to sing near there."

Four or five months ago? And it’s also the People’s Hospital.

Li Porridge looked at Lu Wenyi, who was frowning, in surprise, and said subconsciously: "Isn't the People's Hospital four or five months ago the same hospital you stayed in when you had a car accident?" He reacted, lowered his voice, and said firmly, " The stars have visited you."

Thinking of how many times he had passed by his precious brother, Lu Wenyi couldn't stay any longer. He took the three tails back to the downstairs of the rental house, and happened to meet Mu Xingchen who was returning from dinner.

Lu Wenyi walked quickly to Mu Xingchen with a low expression. Under the gaze of those obviously frightened eyes, he reached out and pressed the person into his arms. His bearded chin rubbed his brother's forehead, "I'm sorry." Another voice said. He added very lightly, "Don't be afraid of me."

After being let go and even watching Lu Wenyi disappear around the corner, Mu Xingchen couldn't react yet. He looked blankly at the three Li Cong and others standing in front of him, and then confirmed with the system, "Did he just tell me he was sorry? He gone?"