Prologue/Chapter One

Prologue:

Parenthood has just found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story, they are going to be tackling life with a baby on their hands. They've finally overcome the past difficulties and have a fresh start as they raise their baby and help Bristol with hers. This story is going to be following Katniss, Peeta and the newest Mellark: Willow.

Katniss thought she had one missing piece, but quickly discovered that she had two, maybe even more.

Finding the Missing Piece: Book 5

Katniss POV-

I wake up and look at Peeta who's soundly sleeping next to me.

I glance about the room to see no sign of a baby anywhere.

I get up and go across the hall, finding Peeta's art studio, not a nursery.

"Peeta!" I call.

"Peeta!" I say again, my heart racing.

"Katniss? Katniss! What's going on?" I hear him holler hysterically, getting out of bed and running across the hall to where I cry in his studio.

"Where is the baby?" I cry.

Peeta gives me a strange look, "What are you talking about, Katniss?"

"The baby, Peeta. Where did the baby go?

"Katniss, Carter and Finn are at their homes." He says, out of breath.

He kneels down and sets his arm on my shoulder.

"Our baby, Peeta. We have a baby and her name is Willow. Where is she?" I cry into his lap.

"Katniss, what are you talking about?"

"Peeta, we have a baby." I cry.

He looks down at my stomach and back up, so confused.

"You're pregnant?"

I shake my head, "No. I just had a baby, Peeta." I say frustratedly.

He doesn't seem to remember.

That's when I realize that this was all just a horrible dream.

Peeta POV- (The next day)

"We did it, Peeta. We finally have a baby." Katniss whispers excitedly as we pull out of the hospital parking lot, a day and a half old Willow snug in the backseat.

I give her a smile, "Thank you so much for her." I say.

Katniss smiles a little shyly and then looks away, "I think that I should thank you too."

"Why's that?"

"Just because I want to. You helped." She laughs.

I grin, "I did." I confirm with a laugh.

I hear a breathy laugh come from her and she grabs my right hand and presses a hard kiss to it.

"I love you."

I laugh a little bit and focus on the road completely, more cautious than I've ever been.