Chapter Eight

Peeta POV- (That weekend)

"Well, hello there." My grandma says as I hand her a sleeping Willow for the very first time.

My great-grandma cries as she looks over at her great-great-grandchild.

"She's so beautiful." She tells us softly, shakily.

I smile and Katniss gives my hand a squeeze and we stare at the sight.

I know that my dad and brother's would've fallen in love with Willow too.

"Besides her hair, she looks like you did when you were a baby." My grandma tells me excitedly.

I smile and Katniss kisses my shoulder and examines the sight too-looking over my shoulder.

"What color are her eyes?" My great-grandma asks.

"Blue." Katniss comments, beating me to it.

"You did a beautiful job, Katniss." My grandpa pats her on the back and she just laughs a little and smiles.

"Thank you."

"She is just precious." My grandma coos.

I laugh a little and exchange a smirk with Katniss.

"Oh, I think she's waking up." My grandma says, almost jumping out of her skin.

I can't help but to laugh a little as I see Willow squirming around in her blanket.

She doesn't like being all swaddled up but she's definitely easier to hold with how tiny she is.

"How much did she weigh?" My grandpa asks.

"8 pounds, 3 ounces." Katniss says and his eyes widen.

"She's a tiny thing for being that big." He says.

I nod, "She may be tiny but she eats like a baby pig. Right, Katniss?"

She scoffs, "That's the truth."

"Oh! There they are." My great-grandma says excitedly and points to her eyes as she opens them.

Katniss smiles widely and laughs a little at their excitement, I join her.

"Just like Peeta's."

"All but the hair, that's definitely Katniss's."

"She's a beautiful little thing."

My grandma smiles, "Finally, a granddaughter."

"Great granddaughter." I remind her.

"So, I have a great-great granddaughter then. I'm old." My great-grandma chuckles and puts her frail hand over her heart.

We all just watch her and minutes later, Willow starts babbling away.

"Oh, you're too little to make this much noise." Grandma snickers.

"Yeah, she figured that out the first day." Katniss laughs.

"She's going to be talking your heads off the by the time she's a year old!" My grandpa comments.

I can't wait for the next year, we get to see her do so many things like walk or talk and crawl and I'm so looking forward to it all.

That's why I am in no hurry to start the bakery up and why I am actually kind of stalling, because as much as I want the bakery, Willow is more important and I wanted her more.

And Katniss gave her to me.

"Hello, Willow." My grandma says sweetly, rubbing her head.

"Oh! Are you gonna cross your eyes?" She laughs as I guess Willow does that exactly.