Chapter Seventy-Five

Peeta POV-

"Hi, Princess." I say softly as Willow runs into my arms.

I pick her up, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you." Willow says softly.

"I missed you too. Are you ready to go with me for a little bit?"

"Yes." She sighs.

"I'll bring her back later." I tell Annie.

She smiles and nods and I go.

"Did the baby make Momma sick?" Willow asks me as we go into the house.

"No, sweetheart. The baby had nothing to do with it. Momma is just regular sick right now." I explain.

"Oh. Is the baby sick too?"

"I'm not sure but I don't think so."

"Okay good." Willow sighs.

I go up the stairs and she follows me into our bedroom.

I grab my cellphone from the bed where I left it over a day ago and start packing a bag of new clothes for me for the next few days. I pack Katniss some clothes to leave in and some socks too. I also grab her phone and throw it in the bag.

I look at my phone and see that I have about 27 missed calls from Bristol, Annie, Finnick, and Thom. And a lot of texts.

I forgot to tell Thom that Katniss went to the hospital but I'm sure he figured something happened when I never showed up this morning. He knew she was sick because I had to take Willow to school yesterday because of it.

Oh well.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I ask Willow.

She seems kind of down today.

"I'm just sad for Momma."

I frown, "I know. So am I, but I promise she will be all better soon."

"I had bad dreams last night." She informs me.

I frown, "I am sorry, sweetheart. Do you want to talk about them?"

She shakes her head, "No. Annie helped me to feel better but they were really sad and I'm so sleepy."

I sigh, "Well, I hope you get some better sleep tonight. I promise that those bad dreams aren't real."

"I know but they scared me so bad." She frowns.

"I know they can be super scary but remember me or Mommy or even Annie or Finnick or whoever is around will always be there to make you feel better." I assure her.

"I know, Daddy." She sighs.

I nod my head and busy myself again. 

"Can I please please go see her?" Willow asks me.

I turn around, "What if you got sick?" I say.

She sighs, "I don't care, Daddy. I just want to make her feel better." Willow whines.

I sigh, "I know you do. I'll see what I can do?" I suggest.

"Will you now?" She asks me, puffing her bottom lip out.

"Give me a few minutes. I need to to put our bed stuff in the washer and clean up our room real quick, then I'll try and call." I say.

She nods.

"How about while I do that you go pack a bag for about 3 days. Make sure you out pajamas too." I remind her.

Willow groans, "Fine." She says sassily and goes across the hall to her bedroom.