Chapter Fifty-Three

Peeta POV- (5am)

"Wake up, sweetheart. If you wanna to go with me you gotta get up." I say opening Willow's bedroom door and see she's still sound asleep.

I chuckle and decide to give her a few more minutes to sleep. Katniss gets up with me and we go drink coffee downstairs.

"Hello." I say kissing her cheek and sitting down next to her.

"Hi." She says and takes a drink of coffee.

"I am letting her sleep a little longer, she looked so comfortable." I tell her.

Katniss laughs, "You know when school starts she's gonna have to get up when we say."

"I know but she's not in school yet so until then, I shall spoil her." I tease Katniss.

She laughs, "How is everything going by so quickly? It literally seems like just a few years ago if even, that I was pregnant with her or that she was a baby. It's going by way too quickly." She frowns.

I frown too, agreeing 100% with it.

My little girl is about to be in school.

"We still have a good 12 years with her and on." I say.

"I know but you know how the last 11 went for me and you." Katniss says.

"It'll work out. It's our 'forever and always' remember?"

Katniss smiles sadly, "Well, I know you want to give her a few more minutes to sleep but I have no problem waking her butt up." She says standing up and pushing the chair in.

I laugh, "I didn't think so."

"I'll be right back with the Princess." Katniss says pecking my lips.

I smile and she leaves.

I don't like this at all.

Willow is growing up and it's going by so quickly.

I wish that we could slow down time and we could hold her a little longer or do all the silly things she loves to do. Or play dolls with her or paint.

A few minutes later Katniss comes down with Willow asleep on her shoulder.

I start laughing, "I thought you were gonna wake her up."

"I did. Long enough to fix her hair and change her clothes." Katniss says.

I get up and she puts her into my arms.

"I'll be home at noon-ish." I tell her.

She smiles and nods, she kisses Willow on the forehead and me on the lips.

"I love you guys." She says.

"We love you too. Now go back to bed." I tell her and she scoffs.

I put Willow in her car seat and we head up to the bakery.

She wakes up not soon after we arrive but she's definitely still sleepy.

"Hi, Daddy." Willow says softly, yawning.

I laugh a little, "Good morning."

She looks around at everyone working and notices where she is.

"Hey, Willow." A guy named Thom who works for me says to her.

"Hi." She says shyly.

"Did you get a good sleep?" I ask her and set her down on the floor.

She yawns again, "Yep."