Chapter Fifty-Four

Peeta POV- (Later that day)

"Aw! Daddy you were so adorable!" Willow squeals at the pictures I pulled out from when I was a kid.

She looks at each one and examines it, picking it up in her little hands.

Katniss chuckles at her while she tells us all about it.

"You were super cute, Daddy. Your hair was so light and you didn't have no scratchies I don't think." She says.

I laugh, "That's because I was little then."

"And now you're a man?" She asks.

Katniss laughs, "Daddy started having scratchies when he was like 18 or something." Katniss tells her.

Willow looks up at me.

"How old are you again?" She asks.

"I'm 27."

"Woah, Daddy. I can count to ten! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!" She says counting on her fingers, I swear she's the most random kid.

Katniss and I laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Mommy, how did you guys make it past ten years old? Cause that's along time." She asks, the most serious look on her face. (Btw I was literally asked this the other day by a 4 year old little girl lol no lie)

Katniss laughs, "I don't know, baby." She says smiling.

Willow gives her a look, "I'm serious."

"I'm serious too. We just did." Katniss laughs.

Willow sighs and rolls her eyes at Katniss and then looks at me.

"I want to see Mommy when she was little to see if I look like her."

I look at Katniss and she gets up and finds some pictures of her and hands them to Willow.

"Awww, Mommy. You looked-ed so little." Willow says in a high pitched, in-awe voice.

Katniss laughs and I take her hand, our fingers laced together.

"I think that I look like you too. A little bit, with Daddy's eyes though." She says looking back at Katniss and I.

Katniss leans over and kisses my cheek.

"Mommy, our hair looks almost the same. Mine is lighter though but it's kind of curly like yours and Daddy's." She says looking over the picture.

"Yep, that's because Daddy's hair is blonde and mines dark brown and because both of our hair looks like that." Katniss says.

She sighs, "I never understood that though, my father's hair was black and then my mother's was blonde. Mine is this color and Prim's was blonde too." Katniss tells me.

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, baby. It was the same way for us. My mother's hair was dark too and then my dad's was blonde. We all had blonde hair, mine was the only wavy one." I say laughing.

It's really weird how that stuff works out.

"That's weird." She shrugs.

I laugh a little.

Willow sighs, "Goodness, Momma. You were so pretty too. You and Daddy both."

"Aren't you glad you look like Momma?" I ask Willow.

She nods, "Yeah, because if I looked like you then I would look like a boy." Willow shrugs.

Katniss and I both laugh.