Chapter Sixty-Three

Katniss POV- (Christmas Eve)

"Aunt Kat, Willow is being mean." Finn hollers, frowning.

I look across the room and Willow is shaking her head, making a face that says she wants me to believe that he's lying, even though I wouldn't put it past her to be mean to him.

She's done it before.

"Willow-" I start but Finnick cuts me off as he walks in from upstairs.

"I'm sure she's not being mean, she's probably just being stubborn." He says and gives me a smile.

Willow nods, wanting me to agree with Finnick's saving her.

Finn shakes his head, "No, Daddy. She was being mean to me."

He laughs, "What do you expect, Buddy? Katniss is her mother." Finnick tells him and ruffles his strawberry blonde hair up.

He sighs.

I scoff, "I'm only mean to you." I say, watching him as he plops down in the chair next to me.

"Where's my Peetie?"

I scoff, "You're almost thirty, I think it's time you retire that nickname." I tease him.

He smirks, "You know I'm going to say it more now that you said that, don't you?"

I laugh, "I've known you my whole life, of course I knew that."

He smiles.

"Anyways, Peeta had to run to the house and grab Willow some pajamas because she forgot to grab hers, but he will be back soon." I say.

"Nice. Bristol is coming isn't she?"

I shrug and then laugh, "Finnick, this is your house and your get together. Why would I know who is coming over here?"

"Because she's your best friend." He tries.

"Well, so are you guys and I have no idea if she's coming." I say truthfully.

Finnick chuckles, "I'm just teasin' ya Kat." He winks and then gets up, heading to the kitchen.

I hear him looking through the kitchen cabinets, probably raiding it for food.

"Annie said to keep you out of there!!" I holler at him, scoldingly.

He comes back into the living room, a handful of sugar cubes in his hands and the usual smirk on his face.

"Wait. Where is Annie?" He asks, shoving a piece of sugar into his trap.

I start laughing, "You're an idiot. She's your wife and you just noticed she's not here."

"Yeah, I'm a horrible husband, I know. But really where is she?"

I giggle, "She's at your mom's house. She needed to borrow some of your tape to wrap up presents for tomorrow."

"Oh, that explains a lot." Finnick laughs and sits back down next to me.

"How do you still eat that shit?" I ask disgusted with him.

He laughs, "I don't really anymore but I thought I would pull it out for old times' sake. Hey, Willow, come here, kiddo." Finnick calls.

I give him a look, knowing exactly where he is going with this.

Willow stands up and comes over to us, the look of her face says she's afraid she's in trouble.

"Hold out your hand." He instructs her.