Chapter Three

Katniss POV- (A few nights later, 4am)

"Katniss, the baby is crying again." Peeta mumbles into his pillow.

I roll my eyes, "I noticed, Peeta. She's literally right next to me." I groan and turn, picking her fussy body up and holding her in my arms, she stops crying.

Willow can sure throw some fits.

When she's mad, she lets you know about it.

"Hey." I say softly and manage to lift my shirt up, revealing her source of food.

I get her situated and Peeta sits up, his blond hair messy.

"Go back to sleep. I got her." I mumble tiredly, annoyed.

"You want me to take her after she's finished?" He asks.

I sigh, "I don't care."

We've had her three nights and she's already exhausted us both.

Peeta's been falling asleep at dinner or breakfast and he's not even the one staying up most of the night. And as I had imagined, I can hardly sleep at night.

I wake up a hundred times a night, hovering over her and making sure she's still breathing or making sure she's not too hot or cold or I just watch her sleep.

"She's a little pig." Peeta laughs a little tiredly.

I sigh, "Yeah, she eats nearly every three hours."

"If you start getting out enough for bottles, I can feed her at night." Peeta says.

I shrug, "I'm really working on it."

"Well, okay." He sighs.

I look down at her, her little eyes closed but she's gulping down anything she can get.

Peeta reaches over and puts his index finger on her palm, she grips it tightly, her little knuckles turning white.

Man, I love her so much already.

I've literally fallen in love with her and with Peeta all over again, whether he realizes it or not.

I sigh and close my heavy eyes.

When I open them again, I feel her being lifted from my arms.

Peeta quietly stands next to my bedside and gently pats her back.

My heavy eyes take over again until I open them again long enough to see Peeta place her in the side-bed next to me.

"Just go back to sleep, Sweetheart." Peeta whispers to me.

I scoot down and lay my head on my pillow again.

Peeta walks around to his side and before I know it, we're both fast asleep again.

At about seven, I hear her awake, not yet mad that she's going to have an empty stomach soon, which is good.

I glance over at Peeta whose fast asleep, bags under his eyes and his mouth gaping open.

He's passed out.

I sit up, feeling little to no pain in my abdominal and pelvic area. All my aches are finally starting to ease. I am starting to feel more like myself again, even though I'm still very much prone to outbursts but I don't think it's as bad as it was a few days before.

Willow is four days old now.

I've rejected all offers for visitors for at least another week.

It's not that I don't want anyone to visit but I'm just not really ready and mostly everyone has met her.

Two people that haven't however met her would be Gale and Madge.