Chapter Sixty-One

Katniss POV-

"Hi, Momma." Willow smiles softly as she opens her eyes.

I smile and push some of her wild hair out of her eyes.

"Hi, baby."

"Where's Daddy?" She asks me frowning.

I take a deep breath, "He's in the kitchen. He wants to talk to you." I tell her.

She frowns, "Am I in trouble, Momma?"

I shake my head, "No. He just wants to talk to you about earlier." I say.

She sighs, "Okay, Momma." Willow says and sits up.

"It'll be okay." I assure her and stand up.

Willow lugs herself into the kitchen and I can hear them talking.

"Willow, Momma told me that you're really mad at me." I hear Peeta say.

I hear Willow sigh, "Yeah, I am. I'm sorry, Daddy but you are makin' me so mad."

"I know, sweetheart and I am really sorry." Peeta says.

"That's okay, Daddy. Did Momma yell at you?"

I hear a snort, "A little, yeah." Peeta says.

"It's because I told her too." Willow whispers loudly.

I can't help but to laugh.

"It's alright, I deserved it." He says.

It's silent for a minute and then Peeta speaks up.

"I know I've been hurting your feelings a lot lately but I'm not doing it on purpose. I'm just trying to make sure that the little baby in Mommy's tummy stays safe."

"I know that, Daddy but I won't hurt it." She says.

"I know you won't, Willow. So that's why I told Mommy that if you want to be with her, you can whenever you want to."

"Good because sometimes you're not there and you can't protect Momma or the baby so I will just do it." Willow tells him.

I laugh a little.

I swear she acts just like Peeta.

"Good. And then when the baby gets here, you'll have to help us make sure that Buttercup don't get to it." He teases her.

Willow giggles, "He won't. Him likes kids." She starts, "Wait, how did you and Momma keep him away from me when I was a baby?"

"He only sniffed you when you were a baby. Now he likes sleeping on your tummy or in your bed." Peeta laughs and Willow does too.

"It's okay, I love him."

"I know. Me too." He says.

I smile to myself, glad that stupid cat can still bring people some happiness, even though he's over 15 years old.

"Does Mommy love him?" Willow asks Peeta.

He chuckles, "She loves him."

"Did she tell you?"

"No, I just know that she does." He tells her.

She laughs, "Even when she's mad at him for jumping on the counter and stuff?"

Peeta laughs and their voices sound closer.

"Yes. Mommy loves Buttercup no matter what he does and the same way for you and me." Peeta says, carrying her into the living room.