Chapter Ninety-Five

Katniss POV-

"Mommy, did Daddy leave us? Because he always comes back when he promises." Willow asks in the middle of the night.

Neither of us have been able to fall asleep tonight, luckily the night is still young.

I look down at her, frowning.

"No, he didn't leave. I don't know where he's at but he will come back." I say softly, her head in my lap still, I comb the hair back out of her face.

She sighs, "I'm scared, Mommy."

"Why are you scared? There's no reason to be scared." I say softly, even though I've been scared to death all day and night.

He hasn't answered my calls and neither has Bristol.

I'm scared to death something happened to them but there's also storms there so maybe they got held up because of them.

But I know Peeta would call me if that was the case. Of course I think the worst has happened but I just don't know what to do or who to call now.

No body has heard from them.

I called Bristol's mom and she hasn't seen or heard from them and Blake doesn't know either. He doesn't even act as if he cares.

Something is up with him and I don't know what.

"Because Daddy always answers his phone and he's hasn't answered it all day." Willow says sitting up.

"I'm sure he is okay. Don't worry." I say softly and she pulls my head down and gives me a hug and a kiss.

I sigh, "You better get back to sleep, Willow. You still have to go to school tomorrow, I'm sure."

"But what if Bristle isn't my teacher? Will you be my teacher?"

"If Bristol isn't back by tomorrow I'm gonna have to go find out what's going on, sweetheart."

Willow frowns, "Mommy, you are scaring me."

"Why?" I ask her worriedly.

"Because you look scared too and you're not never scared."

I sigh, "Willow, I promise that Daddy and Bristol are okay. They will be back tomorrow so I'm sure there's nothing for you to worry about. Okay?"

"Where is Buttercup?" She asks me with a pitiful frown.

I sigh, "I bet you he's in your room. How about I go get him and he can sleep with you until I get back?"

Willow freaks out, "No, where are you going?" She asks me, grabbing both of my hands.

"I was just going to go call Daddy and Bristol again and see if they answer." I say, but I was actually going to call the police station too, to see if they know anything.

"I want to go." She says stubbornly.

"No, baby girl. You need to stay here and go to sleep. I'll bring you Buttercup to protect you until I get back." I suggest.

She frowns.

I go across the hall and of course find Buttercup on Willow's bed. I pick him up and take him back to Willow.

"I will be back soon. You go to sleep." I say leaning down and kissing Willow on the forehead.

She nods and closes her eyes as Buttercup snuggles up to her side, purring loudly.

I take a deep breath as I close the bedroom door and head down stairs.

I swear being 6 months pregnant isn't helping me stay sane.