Chapter Eighty

Katniss POV- (February 4th, Willow's sixth birthday)

"Good morning." Peeta mumbles softly as I lift up my head.

I yawn, "Morning."

"We've been parents for six years now." Peeta mumbles into my ear.

I feel a smile creep up on my face, "I know. I can't believe it." I say softly.

"Me either. And soon we will have another." Peeta says rubbing my arm gently.

I sigh, "We need to tell my mom. I was gonna talk to you about it before bed but I was so tired."  I groan.

"Do you want to tell her at breakfast?"

"We can. I think we should wait for Willow to wake up though."

"Yeah, I think so too. It's only 7 right now so let's not wake her up until I get finished cooking."

I nod my head, "How are we gonna do it?"

He sighs, "I bet Willow would love to tell her. Why don't we try that?"

"I think we should." I nod.

"Sounds good to me. And hopefully you won't get sick this morning before we get the chance to tell her. Do you feel like you will be?"

I shake my head, "My morning sickness has kind of faded away the last week, thankfully. Some food still makes me wanna puke but I think I'll be okay."

"Okay. You need to do a bit better job hiding your belly until we tell her." He laughs a little

I smile and it fades.

"I'm surprised she didn't notice it last night and I was crying a lot more than I normally would." I sigh.

"She didn't say anything so I doubt she noticed anything. But let's get this day started." He smiles

I smile back and lean forward and kiss him softly, "I love you."

"I love you too." He whispers and kisses my nose.

"How's the baby?" He asks after a second, putting his hand on my stomach gently and rubbing it.

"Good. But I swear it only moves when you're not around. Last night when we were sitting on the couch together, it was perfectly still and the second I got up and went to my mom, the baby starting moving a little. Then when you left, they went crazy." I tell him with a laugh.

Peeta chuckles, "See, it doesn't like me."

"No, maybe they're just the opposite of the way Willow was. Maybe every time we touch or you're near me, the baby gets calm." I say softly.

Peeta smiles a little, "Do you get calm when you're near me?"

I nod my head, "And we were still in that honey-moon, after-tragedy phase when I was pregnant with Willow so my heart would always race when you were around."

Peeta sighs, "I'm so glad I'm over that. I look back at it and feel so stupid. I still feel extremely bad." He frowns.

I shake my head, "Don't worry about it. We all handle things differently and I shouldn't have pushed you as much as I did. I'm just glad we are still together and we are happy now." I say truthfully.

"So am I." He whispers.

"Let's get up. We need to make sure Willow has a great birthday." I say getting up out of the bed.

Peeta gets up too and I look in the mirror and lift my shirt up, "I'm definitely starting to show. Don't even try to lie about that anymore." I tell him laughing.