Chapter Twenty-Four

Katniss POV- (September, Peeta's 22nd birthday. Willow is now 7 months old)

"Say 'Happy Birthday, Daddy!'" I cheer for Willow and place her on Peeta's stomach. He opens his blue eyes and smiles.

"Happy Birthday!" I say to him.

He looks at me and sits up a bit.

"Thank you, girls." He yawns.

I smile, "Willow wanted me to tell you that she made you some breakfast this morning and she would be really happy if you came down and ate."

I made him a cake too.

Hopefully it won't go to waste like the one I made last year did. Hopefully, I can fulfill this birthday as I had planned to last year but didn't get to.

"It's been a year since we found out we were gonna have Willow." I remind him, leaving out the details of all that happened.

I still hate thinking about it and he apologizes often for it but we can't change what happened.

I've forgiven him I know, but I'll never forget that day. It was heartbreaking but so special at the same time. I found out I was going to become a mother that day and that's something that was so special to me.

"I'm so glad that she's here too." Peeta says, holding her up in the air and then kissing her cheek.

She grabs a hold of his blond hair and tugs on it.

"Ouch." He says.

I help get her fingers out of his hair.

"See how I feel." I laugh.

She grabs absolutely anything and everything she can. Her favorite; my hair.

She's still pretty wobbly but can sit up by herself and she's starting to army-crawl, which is exciting but exhausting.

"Yes, I do." Peeta chuckles.

I smile and look at them both.

I can't believe she's already 7 months old and Peeta just turned 22.

"Let's go eat this delicious breakfast that Willow made all by herself." He says, getting up out of bed.

"She didn't say it was delicious but it is breakfast." I say sarcastically. Peeta pecks my lips and we all go downstairs.

Peeta puts Willow in the high hair and I bring him a plate of food. Willow has been cutting teeth so Peeta made her those teething cookie-things like he use to make for Carter. She loves them of course.

"This is good, I don't know why Willow didn't mention it being this delicious." He teases me.

I chuckle a little.

"Because she knows that her Daddy is the best cook that there is."

"Well, thank you, Willow but your Mommy is not too bad herself." Peeta says, wiping some drool off her mouth.

She claps her hands excitedly when he talks to her and mumbles a few inaudible things.

She's finally finding her voice. Well, more or less, discovering that she can scream and blab.

"You tell him." I say.

Peeta smiles at Willow.

"You're so cute." He chuckles, patting her head.

I sit down next to him at the table and hear a loud 'thud.'

"Seriously?" I say to her.

Her favorite game is 'I'm gonna throw my bottle or my pacifier or food on the floor and watch you pick it up a million times.'